Contribute
Register

Quicklook Doesn't Preview jpgs, mp3 nor mp4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the config you upload just to see if there was anything in there different from mine. I noticed that you use Fixshutdown, at some point I unchecked that option. My system still shuts down but all the lights go off also, only in sleep the lights on the memory stay on but the rest of them go off also, before the always stayed on. I am not sure that you need fix shutdown on your board with Mojave. You have some other stuff in there also that I have removed but I am not really sure what exactly it does or why one would need it.

Also I noticed in your Patched folder you have a Vega FBname kamarang you prob do not need that since you are using an RX580 not a Vega. You prob do not need the Vega 56 fan ktext either not sure it works in Mojave anyways. In your Other folder you could drop Codeccommander, RealtekTRL8111, not sure you need Shiki either. This looks like my old EFI from before Mojave and before I started deleting stuff that did not appear to be doing anything.

good advice !

Sorry just realised the one I put up was actually an old one I used to use. The one I use now has actually been all cleaned out of all the stuff that is not needed including -lilubetaall in the startup arg.

you are not reading my post right or taking my advice and help. hope you got it solved ;)
@markmac ... sorry just noticed your post and advice. FWIW, yes I got it running by copying Mspec's SMBIOS info into my config.plist. I guess there's something that was wrong in mine.

I went back and checked your recommendations, to remove whatevergreen if you got it loaded. use latest clover. what is in your drivers64uefi? are you using AptioMemoryFix-64.efi? and deleted old files like OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi?. and they were all checked previously.

thanks.

I was looking at the config you upload just to see if there was anything in there different from mine. I noticed that you use Fixshutdown, at some point I unchecked that option. My system still shuts down but all the lights go off also, only in sleep the lights on the memory stay on but the rest of them go off also, before the always stayed on. I am not sure that you need fix shutdown on your board with Mojave. You have some other stuff in there also that I have removed but I am not really sure what exactly it does or why one would need it.

Also I noticed in your Patched folder you have a Vega FBname kamarang you prob do not need that since you are using an RX580 not a Vega. You prob do not need the Vega 56 fan ktext either not sure it works in Mojave anyways. In your Other folder you could drop Codeccommander, RealtekTRL8111, not sure you need Shiki either. This looks like my old EFI from before Mojave and before I started deleting stuff that did not appear to be doing anything.

@scottkendall are you still having shutdown with lights on problems....? I had that at one point and can't remember what fixed it (sorry). I assume you have a patched SSDT.aml? if not let me know, we have the same board, and I can upload mine. I spent some time making sure only the ports I use are in it. The only diff would be I removed my gigabyte wireless card.

Also, for some reason, I think the lights on sleep went away with a SMBIOS change??? but again it was to long ago to remember when/how.

@scottkendall are you still having shutdown with lights on problems....? I had that at one point and can't remember what fixed it (sorry). I assume you have a patched SSDT.aml? if not let me know, we have the same board, and I can upload mine. I spent some time making sure only the ports I use are in it. The only diff would be I removed my gigabyte wireless card.

Also, for some reason, I think the lights on sleep went away with a SMBIOS change??? but again it was to long ago to remember when/how.

In my post I was saying fix shut down causes lights to stay on and was telling you that you likely did not need that box checked. I do have patched SSDT and all the ports I want on are on and the ones I want off are off. Might have even been you that changed the file to my request sometime back. My system is rock solid unless I plug both 4k monitors into display port then I get freezes but one DP one HDMI everything is fine. I had the same exact issue MSI Vega 56 as I do with the XFX Vega 64, maybe it is caused by the Bestbuy brand cables, but it only happens when I try and run both monitors on DP. One of my friends said that maybe I need to have a larger PSU if 750 is the bottom.

Last edited:
@scottkendall No worries.
I had some problems with a XFX RX580 then moved to Sapphire. I have 2 monitors running on DP, one is a 4K.
I wonder if dropping resolution down real low on both would fix the issue?

@scottkendall No worries.
I had some problems with a XFX RX580 then moved to Sapphire. I have 2 monitors running on DP, one is a 4K.
I wonder if dropping resolution down real low on both would fix the issue?

Then what is the point of having a 4k monitor if I run the res down. XFX Vegas are fine and recommended by apple for EGPU useage. some of the other XFX cards do not work very well unless you change the bios to a sapphire one. I decided that after all the extra parts that I have bought that what is another $200 for a 1kw PSU. I guess I could also see if the Samsung 1080 monitor causes the same issue over DP as the two 4k do. Right now I have them running one DP one HDMI and have not had any issues in 3 or so days.

@scottkendall I should have been a bit more clear. If it works, you know either the card can't drive the two monitors at 4k (shouldn't be the issue), but more than likely the cables can't.

@scottkendall I should have been a bit more clear. If it works, you know either the card can't drive the two monitors at 4k (shouldn't be the issue), but more than likely the cables can't.

Well the cables are 4k DP 1.4 just they are just Dynex brand. I would expect bad performance if the card was having issue driving 2 4k monitors not crashes. Besides it drives them just fine with one HDMI and one DP @ 4k.

Well the cables are 4k DP 1.4 just they are just Dynex brand. I would expect bad performance if the card was having issue driving 2 4k monitors not crashes. Besides it drives them just fine with one HDMI and one DP @ 4k.
please post if it ends up being the PS. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back