Contribute
Register

Quick Sync hardware encode w/ nVideo card as primary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. I completely forgot to reply with her results. Anyway...

macOS 10.13.2
i7-7700K @5.1GHz w/ Quick Sync enabled
GTX 1080
Final Cut Pro X 10.4
BruxeX Test 5K: 24 seconds

Can you upload your EFI partition?

I managed to enable QuickSync but the iGPU is considered primary so BruceX is like 2 minutes.

i5 6500
GTX 1060

I don't know if I can post the guide I used to enable QuickSync.

In two words, I have Lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, IntelGraphicsFixup, Shiki, FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.Kext

shikigva=12 as boot arg

As DSDT patches in the config.plist HECI -> IMEI Patc, GFX0 -> IGPU Patch, PEGP -> GFX0 Patch

As bios edits

• Advanced \ System Agent(SA) Configuration → IGPU Multi-Monitor : Enabled
  • Advanced \ System Agent(SA) Configuration → DVMT pre-Allocated : 128M
  • Advanced \ System Agent(SA) Configuration → Primary Display : PCIE

Can you upload your EFI partition?

I managed to enable QuickSync but the iGPU is considered primary so BruceX is like 2 minutes.

i5 6500
GTX 1060

I don't know if I can post the guide I used to enable QuickSync.

In two words, I have Lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, IntelGraphicsFixup, Shiki, FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.Kext

shikigva=12 as boot arg

As DSDT patches in the config.plist HECI -> IMEI Patc, GFX0 -> IGPU Patch, PEGP -> GFX0 Patch

As bios edits

• Advanced \ System Agent(SA) Configuration → IGPU Multi-Monitor : Enabled
  • Advanced \ System Agent(SA) Configuration → DVMT pre-Allocated : 128M
  • Advanced \ System Agent(SA) Configuration → Primary Display : PCIE

I removed the themes folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 91
Thank you very much everyone! I used ig_platform_id 0x59120003 and part of pastrychef's config.plist to enabled Quick Sync.

After successful headless enable, IGPU won't be shown in System Profile, but if you open up MacX Video Convertor, hardware acceleration is supported. To confirm Quick Sync is really working, I play a HEVC 10 bit file with Quicktime, which I had trouble playing 100% smoothly before even the computer wasn't really doing anything else. Now I can play that file without any issues even if I use software encoding at the same time using Handbrake deliberately hogging all the CPU resources.

Airplay display mirroring is also available.

Attached is a screen shot of my kexts and my clover configs, config_20180106.plist is what didn't work, and config.plist is the current one.

Thanks again, and hope my files would help as well.

Cheers
Kenneth

View attachment 303897

WoW, thank you very much for sharing your config. By any chance you can attach the kext you've used? not sure where to get them all.I have a similar config with yours.Thank you!

Hi, I have a problem with enabling HW decode on my config (see profile desc.). I have tried almost everything but nothing seems to work. I either have a functioning GTX1060 or HW accelerated IntelHD630, not both. Please advise, THANKS!

PS: Attaching my config file dump.

Attachments

• 23164.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 74
WoW, thank you very much for sharing your config. By any chance you can attach the kext you've used? not sure where to get them all.I have a similar config with yours.Thank you!

Hi, i see you use also an GA Z77 MB and Gen3 CPU. (GA-Z77-D3SH, CPU: i7 3770).

I use up to now an i5-3450P - no IGPU inside :) Most other Gen3 CPUs habe only HD2500 (3000?) inside which doesnt work, OR? So your 3x70 CPU has HD 4000 and that video accell works?
Perhaps i will look for such Gen3 xx70 CPU...

...Arhh... I have a 2560x1440 monitor and a 3840x2160 monitor connected to my GTx 980, so I dragged the FCPX window around to different monitor while looking at the OpenGL monitor. It's the 4K monitor that's slowing everything down, even if it is the only monitor connected and set to 2560x1440, I guess it's the dithering because the video card still have to feed 4K resolution. As soon as I disconnect it and have the standard 2560x1440 as the only display, everything is back to standard speed....

Very interesting, what type of connection are your monitors on? i wonder if it's not to do with the monitors but rather the type of connection (HDMI...).

I'm starting to suspect that 10.13.3 + latest nvidia + HDMI = dead end for fast UI / quicksync
EDIT: I've ordered a DP cable (they are stupidly hard to find in Sydney...) and will see if it makes any difference :)
EDIT2: No difference with a DP cable afaict.

Last edited:
Hm, I went through all the forum posts and still can't get it to work.

Setup
  • Mac OS X 10.11.6
  • Gigabyte H170M-D3H
  • GTX 950
  • i7 6700 (HD 530)
Clover
  • ig-platform-id: 0x19120001
  • Inject Intel: yes
  • shikigva=60
  • disablegfxfirmware
DSDT
  • HDAS -> HDEF
  • HECI -> IMEI
  • GFX0 -> IGPU
  • PEGP -> GFX0
BIOS:
  • initial display output: PCIe
  • iGPU: enabled
  • DVMT alloc: 64MB
KEXTS (all updated yesterday):
  • shiki
  • intelgraphicsfixup
  • lilu
  • nvidiagraphicsfixup
I attached my config.plist and a screenshot of my non-working iGPU in Intel Power Gadget.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-22 um 14.26.37.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-22 um 14.26.37.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 150
Guys, I have a solution for my particular problems. I used this trick #414 to solve my VDAcheck fails and no hw acceleration! My whole config attached!

Attachments

• setup_export_EFI_clover.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back