Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am currently building a X79 Sabertooth hackintosh. Well first it was going to be a z77 hack then recently i decided i wanted the 6 core processor and a ridiculous amount of RAM. I plan to fill all 8 slots with 8 GB of 1600 mhz ram eventually but for now I have 2x8GB of ram. Originally I was just going to drop OS X and just use Windows. My question is... can I install OS X with a 8 GB stick of ram installed? If not I already have 2x4GB sticks in my amazon card to give me a total of 24GB of ram, which I am all for either way. thanks.

axedye said:
I am currently building a X79 Sabertooth hackintosh. Well first it was going to be a z77 hack then recently i decided i wanted the 6 core processor and a ridiculous amount of RAM. I plan to fill all 8 slots with 8 GB of 1600 mhz ram eventually but for now I have 2x8GB of ram. Originally I was just going to drop OS X and just use Windows. My question is... can I install OS X with a 8 GB stick of ram installed? If not I already have 2x4GB sticks in my amazon card to give me a total of 24GB of ram, which I am all for either way. thanks.

You can install OSX with 8GB RAM installed. I have done it myself in my own older system, though of course I was not using a single 8GB RAM stick. I don't think you should have any problems.

thanks, i'll just give it a shot, if i need a 4GB stick then i'll order it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back