Contribute
Register

Quick MultiBeast Setup for Skylake Systems 10.11.4+

Awesome thanks for the update! Now, what about using Nvidia gtx980? Do i still need to install alternate drivers for it to work fully? i.e. 4gb of memory . Thanks :)

Yes, all NVIDIA 'Maxwell' graphics cards require the alternate drivers.

MultiBeast does not have that option. You have to download the NVMeGeneric.kext and put it in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 folder.

If you intend to initially install El Capitan on your NVMe SSD, then you'll also have to put the NVMeGeneric.kext in the UniBeast Installation USB thumb drive's EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 folder, too. :thumbup:

Thanks for info!

Seems like NVMe is the way to go then since it's that simple to get support for- faster, and not much more $.

Awesome, should we use the iMac 17,1 system definition (since it's closest to skylake), or does that break something?

Awesome, should we use the iMac 17,1 system definition (since it's closest to skylake), or does that break something?
The iMac17,1 is fraught with problems (search for more information), and we don't recommend using it.

I'm using the Mac Pro 3,1 System Definition on my Gene system; it generally works OOB which is why MultiBeast uses that SysDef as the default. However, I have used iMac14,2 with Gene without any problems. Note that in an iMac SysDef, the ",1" is for the Intel on-board graphics and the ",2" is for using with graphics cards.

The iMac17,1 is fraught with problems (search for more information), and we don't recommend using it.

I'm using the Mac Pro 3,1 System Definition on my Gene system; it generally works OOB which is why MultiBeast uses that SysDef as the default. However, I have used iMac14,2 with Gene without any problems. Note that in an iMac SysDef, the ",1" is for the Intel on-board graphics and the ",2" is for using with graphics cards.

I'm using the iMac 17,1 sys def right now on my Skylake system without any problems (apart from sleep not working with the HD530, which is normal).

I'm using the iMac 17,1 sys def right now on my Skylake system without any problems (apart from sleep not working with the HD530, which is normal).
Well, tell us what you did to make it work so others can benefit from your success. (Hint: you have to modify a kext.)

Well, tell us what you did to make it work so others can benefit from your success. (Hint: you have to modify a kext.)

Absolutely nothing. Fresh 10.11.4, and ran MultiBeast 8.2.2 with the iMac 17,1 sys definition. Everything working perfectly.

Absolutely nothing. Fresh 10.11.4, and ran MultiBeast 8.2.2 with the iMac 17,1 sys definition. Everything working perfectly.
Ah, I see that you're now using a HD 7770 graphics card. The 17,1 problems come with using Nvidia graphics cards. The iMac17,1 works with using the 100-series Skylake system's Intel on-board HD 530. However, some report that sleep/wake-up doesn't work correctly. YMMV. Sorry if I mislead you guys.

Ah, I see that you're now using a HD 7770 graphics card. The 17,1 problems come with using Nvidia graphics cards. The iMac17,1 works with using the 100-series Skylake system's Intel on-board HD 530. However, some report that sleep/wake-up doesn't work correctly. YMMV. Sorry if I mislead you guys.

Actually I mislead you lol. The HD7770 is just sitting in my rig but I use the HD530 in OSX. Still no problems though, it's just sleep that doesn't work (which is normal for the HD530, there's still no fix).

Still not able to use 2 displays on my Asus Z-170 Pro Gaming with HD530 integrated. Did the same as the OP, but it loads with 6mb ram, and flicker. If i do as before and Inject Intel with IG platform id 0x19120000 and port 07 i get 1536 mb but only one display

Back