Contribute
Register

Quick MultiBeast Setup for Skylake Systems 10.11.4+

I run a very similar rig to Tony's. It boots and runs, but I have a few glitches. In random order:
- Thunderbolt not recognized / working
- Wake-up on power-off if certain USB devices are connected
- Display will not run at its native (high) resolution in any way
- When in preview hitting "view actual size" on images makes preview crash

Have not tested audio and will get some components for my z87x hack which died two weeks ago. I can easily fix that one and run it as a fully working computer. Once Apple releases its own Skylake systems (in the course of June?!) we can probably sort many of the issues out as OS X will be updated to fully compatible.

Happy to hear what work and does not work on similar systems or how you managed to fix it! Thanks.

Yeah I just built a Skylake system --10.11.5 -Nvidia GTX 780 6gb was a pain but it is working . Sys Def Mac Pro 3,1 --Everything seems to be fine except shutdown --shuts down but starts back up after a couple of seconds -Anyone know whats going on --

Tony Mac -I have the UD5 TH board as well -Do you have Thunderbolt working ?? Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

Had the same problem, will have a look at my settings, as I ultimately managed to sort the shutdown problem that I had when any usb bluetooth device was connected. I know someone on here had a similar problem due to an old firewire pci card. Are you running a high resolution monitor? If so, I'm quite keen to know the settings, mine is stuck at 1580x1440...

Yeah I just built a Skylake system --10.11.5 -Nvidia GTX 780 6gb was a pain but it is working . Sys Def Mac Pro 3,1 --Everything seems to be fine except shutdown --shuts down but starts back up after a couple of seconds -Anyone know whats going on --

Tony Mac -I have the UD5 TH board as well -Do you have Thunderbolt working ?? Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt, was wondering whether you could let me know the settings you used to get the card running? Mine keeps reverting to default drivers (its a gtx 960 G1 gaming) and shows a a 14mb monitor. It will only drive my high res monitors at 2580x1440. If you want me to look into the fix I used for USB let me know. Thanks.

Back