Graphics
GTX 660 TI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have ML installed and working fine (for the most part). I went with the Imac 12,2 definition but i am having an audio problem. (pops at the start of a sound) I was to check out the Mac Pro 3,1 definition but I dont fully understand what might happen.

My question is can I play around with different definitions without repercussions?? Could changing definitions totally screw up my video out put etc..??

Thanks in advance
Dayzed

I have ML installed and working fine (for the most part). I went with the Imac 12,2 definition but i am having an audio problem. (pops at the start of a sound) I was to check out the Mac Pro 3,1 definition but I dont fully understand what might happen.

My question is can I play around with different definitions without repercussions?? Could changing definitions totally screw up my video out put etc..??

Thanks in advance
Dayzed
This is where a bootable clone comes in. Clone your current install. Boot the clone. Change system definition and reboot the clone. If it KPs on you, Boot your working drive and copy your smbios.plist from /extra to the /extra on the clone and reboot to try another definition. When you find one you like, change your working drive system definition.

Ok but how do I boot from the Cloned drive?? Sorry im still a noob!!

Instsall Chimera on the drive then reboot and when you see the motherboard splash screen press whichever key it says to press to get to the boot menu then select the cloned drive.

Thanks I got it up and running!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back