Contribute
Register

Quick Guide to Generate a SSDT for CPU Power Management

Thanks.
If I want to use XCPM I need to remove the SSDT.aml file from the /Patched folder?

In that scenario, no need to remove it, although most of it will be ignored (as only plugin-type=1 injection matters).
It is not needed with config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.

Do I still need to look for X86PlatformPlugin in IOReg to make sure PM is working?

Yes, of course.

What is the difference between the methods? is XCPM a native power management?

XCPM is power management in the kernel.
It is used by Apple on Haswell and later.
It can be forced on Ivy by patching the kernel (which is what KernelXCPM=true does).

That's strange.
My clover has PluginType=true (I guess from the Multibeast installation), and I have the SSDT file in /patched. Does this mean that the file is ignored? I think there is a difference in cpu states when the file is removed.

That's strange.
My clover has PluginType=true (I guess from the Multibeast installation), and I have the SSDT file in /patched. Does this mean that the file is ignored? I think there is a difference in cpu states when the file is removed.

The two techniques conflict. Not recommended to use multiple CPU PM methods.

Is my cpu doing as it should? i5 3360m

Attachments

• Screenshot at Aug 02 09-04-27.png
    Screenshot at Aug 02 09-04-27.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 296
No turbo.
I followed Piker Alpha's script but somethin went wrong definitely. Maybe because of the non existent system definition for this cpu?

Last edited:
I followed Piker Alpha's script but somethin went wrong definitely. Maybe because of the non existent system definition for this cpu?

For the laptop in your profile, reply to the Probook guide thread with full problem reporting files.

Rehabman ... could you please advise me how to get my OC Ivy bridge to operate correctly in High Sierra? BIOS settings are at 4.5Ghz but displays OEM 3.9Ghz in hardware monitoring. Would appreciate if it also had working speed steps.

I7-3770K

Rehabman ... could you please advise me how to get my OC Ivy bridge to operate correctly in High Sierra? BIOS settings are at 4.5Ghz but displays OEM 3.9Ghz in hardware monitoring. Would appreciate if it also had working speed steps.

I7-3770K

No experience with OC. I tend to operate my hardware only at spec.

Back