Contribute
Register

Quick Guide to Generate a SSDT for CPU Power Management

Hi guys,

My CPU is i5-750 Lynnfield. I think, too old to be listed in any of the guides? I have dropped ACPI tables but have no ssdt since I keep getting stuck with error "Unknown processor".
I have tried Rehabman's guide and used -p 'i5-750' -turbo 3200 -f 2660 but still I get same error.

Currently all my cores are at x9 and frequency for all four stuck at 1.19 Ghz. Is there a solution?

ssdtPRgen.sh does not support your CPU.
Try with native CPU PM SSDTs (eg. don't drop them).

Applicable details are in the laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Hello. I have some problems with cpu power management. I changed my SMBIOS to iMac12,2, but my graphics not working. I found solution and write board id from IMac14,2 but ssdtPRGen.sh give me errors on complie stage.

External (\_PR_.._PR, DeviceObj)
Error 6126 - ^ Invalid character (0x2E), expecting ASL keyword or name

And i can't generate right ssdt file. How can i fix that?

Hello. I have some problems with cpu power management. I changed my SMBIOS to iMac12,2, but my graphics not working. I found solution and write board id from IMac14,2 but ssdtPRGen.sh give me errors on complie stage.

External (\_PR_.._PR, DeviceObj)
Error 6126 - ^ Invalid character (0x2E), expecting ASL keyword or name

And i can't generate right ssdt file. How can i fix that?

Which version of ssdtPRgen.sh?
Show output in Terminal and attach resulting SSDT.dsl.

Ok thanks, will give that a read. When you say "don't drop them" - you mean drop nothing at all? No P states, C states or OEM? Just not tick anything in Clover?

I mean don't have any entries in config.plist/ACPI/DropTables. And config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=false.

I mean don't have any entries in config.plist/ACPI/DropTables. And config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=false.

Ok, that seems to have worked. With P and C states, dropped I had managed to get 2.64 Ghz constantly and now with nothing ticked, I have 2.77 Ghz constantly in HWMonitor. Will the kext bit from first post work to check if speedstep etc is enabled?

Ok, that seems to have worked. With P and C states, dropped I had managed to get 2.64 Ghz constantly and now with nothing ticked, I have 2.77 Ghz constantly in HWMonitor. Will the kext bit from first post work to check if speedstep etc is enabled?

I don't think AppleIntelInfo.kext has support for CPUs older than Sandy Bridge.
At least that was the case originally.
You can always test/verify, of course.

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 15.23.33.png

I don't think AppleIntelInfo.kext has support for CPUs older than Sandy Bridge.
At least that was the case originally.
You can always test/verify, of course.

You are correct. It crashes the machine and reboots when I load the kext via terminal. This means, I cannot really check speed check etc. But my processor is running at it's base speed at least. I haven't seen turbo kick in or it drop to lower power on ideal yet.

Last edited:
Which version of ssdtPRgen.sh?
Show output in Terminal and attach resulting SSDT.dsl.

Oh, god. I used beta version, right from github. After i used version from master, all is ok. And now, i think that my pc is working very good.

JnwaZDjIvY0.jpg

Hi,
I've read here or somewhere else that @RehabMan or other moderator, not really sure, that this ssdt not required anymore. Instead just use PluginType in Clover which is what I have but noticed my CPU Frequency doesn't go below 1.30GHz even at idle.
I have previous builds where idle frequencies are at 800MHz.
Now I am not sure if this is normal with with i3-8100 CPU.

And also please someone clarify this to me. I've seen some other configs and they don't have any entry at the Drop Tables section. I have 3 entries apparently, SSDT CpuPm, SSDT Cpu0lst, DMAR. Honestly I don't know the usage of this, but should I delete it?

My build:Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 4.32.27 PM.png

MSI Z370i Pro Gaming Carbon AC
Intel i3-8100
Gigabyte RX460

Back