Contribute
Register

Quick Guide to Generate a SSDT for CPU Power Management

Without an option in BIOS (or patched/unlocked BIOS), ** Impossible **. Read post #134.
What can I do if I want 15 bit MSR E2?

Last edited:
What can I do if I want 15 bit MSR E2?

Read post #136. The mechanisms are clearly identified in that post.

You should ask yourself *why* you want to unlock MSR 0xE2.

Read post #136. The mechanisms are clearly identified in that post.

You should ask yourself *why* you want to unlock MSR 0xE2.
You mean I have to change bios option.
Thank you.

You mean I have to change bios option.

Not all BIOS implementations provide an option for it. In which case would require patched/unlocked BIOS.

But why?

Not all BIOS implementations provide an option for it. In which case would require patched/unlocked BIOS.

But why?
Pike said this
I don’t see any output of the AppleIntelInfo.kext so I presumed that something went wrong. Code blocks may help.

In short. You want to check the value of MSR_PMG_CST_CONFIG_CONTROL.(0xE2) : 0XNNNNN
Check for bit-15 (0x8000) and thus if you see it there, then MSR 0xE2 is locked. Otherwise it is not locked.

Pike said this
I don’t see any output of the AppleIntelInfo.kext so I presumed that something went wrong. Code blocks may help.

In short. You want to check the value of MSR_PMG_CST_CONFIG_CONTROL.(0xE2) : 0XNNNNN
Check for bit-15 (0x8000) and thus if you see it there, then MSR 0xE2 is locked. Otherwise it is not locked.

A locked MSR 0xE2 does not prevent implementation of CPU PM.
What is your issue?

Since MSR 0xE2 becomes read-only after writing a 1 to bit 15, the only way to unlock it is within BIOS.

I don't have any issue.
Work everything is good but he said some thing wrong
A locked MSR 0xE2 does not prevent implementation of CPU PM.
What is your issue?

Since MSR 0xE2 becomes read-only after writing a 1 to bit 15, the only way to unlock it is within BIOS.
I check my bios I don't see this value.
# PowerMgmtDxe | Haswell-E
F7731B4C-58A2-4DF4-8980-5645D39ECE58 10 P:0FBA6C24380F:0FBA7424380F
I am using bios version F22j
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5126#bios

I don't have any issue.
Work everything is good but he said some thing wrong

Don't worry. The "sky will not fall" (Chicken Little reference) due to locked CPU MSR 0xE2.

This is the newly generated one, no idea if its better or not, but at least we know Broadwell-E is working
I have a Broadwell-E 6950x, and I can't get more than one p-state using Pike's script. Trying to figure out what's different that makes yours work. Are you using a Fake CPUID in clover or any other tricks?
Does Intel Power Gadget show frequency going up and down as it should? Mine shows a flatline at 4GHz all the time.

Back