Contribute
Register

Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you guys come up with a socket 1150 guide (for haswell motherboards)

For my specific build I followed this steps and it all worked wonderfully:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/109540-success-squadsevens-build-i7-4770k-ga-z87x-ud3h-16gb-ram-gtx-780-3gb.html

Additionally I checked Drivers&Bootloaders > Drivers > Audio > Without DSDT > ALC### in Multibeast, otherwise audio won't work.

can anyone shed some light on why my hard drive only shows up as bootable when "UEFI ONLY" is selected in storage boot option control? This guide claims that OSX only supports legacy. I am using a PCIE SSD...

I am about ready to call this project a failure... I've tried every BIOS configuration option I can think of that would make 10.8 start. The prep work goes well, the installation went well, the reboot went well, and thats where it stops. I get to the grey apple logo with the spinning clock looking thing at the bottom, and it goes no further. Can anyone shed some option light on what I am doing wrong, or not doing right?

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5TH mobo
Intel Core i7 3770K
16GB 1600 RAM
750GB HDD
And I am using the onboard video for setup purposes
I have a Nvidia GTX 680 for after it works (if it works!)

Help please.... anyone

Article: Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

Take a look at: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/01/hackintosh-basics-kernel-panics-boot.html

Type: -v -x at the Chimera screen during boot to get the verbose start up and "safe" boot. Looking at the code especially when it fails may give you a clue as to which .kext you need to replace.

The link does not solve your problem, but gives you tools to sort it out and fix it. I cannot get to use MultiBeast until I get the basic Mavericks screen.

I am about to do the same thing because Mavericks is giving me a black screen and then endlessly reboots.

Hi i have a Ga H61m-DS2 and some preferences don't see... what can i do?

Article: Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

I'm confused about the boot options. I want to boot from my ssd. It has a UEFI prefix. I can only boot in safe mode.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 679
Good day Folks
I am looking for a little help being new to the Mac PC, I have Mavericks installed to a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard, it has 16Gb of memory + a i7-3770 processor. All works just perfect apart from one issue that of Audio via HDMI connection.
I have used the Multi-Beast installation in addition to the DDST listed in the download section, on one occasion I tried the older Muti beast. This was strage since a new dialogue appeared with Realtek addition and after I had the display option appear in the Soud option of system preference. This totally stuffed up my installation and I had to start from a clean installation. Any clues to get the sound working?
Thanks in advance

I had success restoring sound by running Mulitbeast 5.3.1. See attachment. My sound had disappeared after installing the most recent update to Mavericks, OS X version 10.9.1. All is working now.

I am not using the HDMI connection, but am using a sound bar.

Attachments

• Multibeast5.3.1.png
    Multibeast5.3.1.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 343
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back