Contribute
Register

Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Intel Virtualization Technology? Any reason not to enable it?

Using a DS3H (F6) there is no "wake on lan" setting for me but "power on by keyboard" instead. Can't find the wake on lan setting. :S

If you run parallels, you will need to enable Intel Virtualization Technology.

It is essential to keep up to date with the newest boards, but it would be nice to see some write ups on boards that most of the visitors here likely have, the gigabyte boards that've been touted for the last year + z68's

Glad to see that the swede is on it.

I think I will give a try on this one tonight, thanks for the info!

my GB score went from 11500 to 9900 using those settings, and disabling CPU EIST actually made my "about this mac" window show me the right OC'ed CPU frequency @ 4,2Ghz

Hello,

I have Gigabyte z68a-d3-b3 motherboard with intel i5 2500k processor. I wanted to try UEFI bios, because i read everywhere on this site, that sleep/wake is working OOB with it.

I updated bios, reinstalled Mountain Lion, but i am getting KP when i am trying to boot in system:

Should have 4 threads but only found 5..

Did i miss something to turn on/off?

Thanks in advance.

I have GA-H77M -D3h with Intel i5 3450 , SSD 60GB ,asus HD 6670 ,10.7.4 sleep/wake and everything else working , but only sound does not work, I need help . I solved the problem , use woodooHDA kexts

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    160 KB · Views: 226
Until we can figure out a better solution, then you have to live with the reboot issue and manually power off your system.

Does it happen all the time? Or random?
Want to upgrade from my old Core2Duo to ivybridge :)

Hello,

I have Gigabyte z68a-d3-b3 motherboard with intel i5 2500k processor. I wanted to try UEFI bios, because i read everywhere on this site, that sleep/wake is working OOB with it.

I updated bios, reinstalled Mountain Lion, but i am getting KP when i am trying to boot in system:

Should have 4 threads but only found 5..

Did i miss something to turn on/off?

Thanks in advance.

Remove your DSDT if you haven't. There's a command you can use to prevent chimera from loading it but I don't know what it is off the top of my head. Tonymac posted it in one of the UEFI threads.

Remove your DSDT if you haven't. There's a command you can use to prevent chimera from loading it but I don't know what it is off the top of my head. Tonymac posted it in one of the UEFI threads.

I believe that the command is: DSDT=/dev/null

Me too had the Intel Turbo Boost set to 'Auto'. When i changed it to 'Enabled', my Geekbench score went from 11,336 to 11,201 ... put it back to 'Auto' and the score went higher again to 11,332, in my case it's not a big difference, but it looks this setting alone affects geekbench. So the question is, Is there any advantages for leaving this setting in the 'Enabled' mode?

I've been running with the Intel Turbo Boost set to 'Auto'. Just changed it to 'Enabled' based on your recommendation, and my Geekbench score went from 15,219 to 14,115?! I'm running UD5H with 3770k. Is there a reason to change from 'Auto' to 'Enabled'?

That setting was based on earlier UEFI releases from Gigabyte and it appears that you don't need to enable it any more, but either which way, it shouldn't make your benchmark score change. I'll have to double check that one and get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back