Contribute
Register

Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have UD5H motherboard and auto-restart problem seems to appear only when usb3 ports are used, independently with sleep wake on lan options :D

Odd, can't say I've noticed that being a problem, especially as I have devices connected to the USB 3.0 ports and my systems shut down just fine once wake on LAN was disabled. What UEFI version are you using?

I've been running with the Intel Turbo Boost set to 'Auto'. Just changed it to 'Enabled' based on your recommendation, and my Geekbench score went from 15,219 to 14,115?! I'm running UD5H with 3770k. Is there a reason to change from 'Auto' to 'Enabled'?

put me down as someone who would love to have a step by step guide of migrating to a UEFI bios from an existing BIOS config for a z68 board.

more than willing to wait as long as it takes for it as well.

thanks for all these frontpage updates, thelostswede. it truly adds a lot of value to the site for those who want to keep up with the latest hackintosh developments but don't have time to dig through forum posts as much as they'd like to.

much appreciated and keep it up!

W

Thank you thelostswede! Was looking for a good explanation of the UEFI BIOS selections....

What about a memory profile setting. My RAM defaults to 1333GHz but if I select profile 1 it goes to 1600GHz. The system runs fine at this setting and I get a better geekbench score. Is this something you recommend or not?

I think I'll give a try of your setting to see if my gb score will be better.

I've been running with the Intel Turbo Boost set to 'Auto'. Just changed it to 'Enabled' based on your recommendation, and my Geekbench score went from 15,219 to 14,115?! I'm running UD5H with 3770k. Is there a reason to change from 'Auto' to 'Enabled'?

Great guid for the UEFI updates - I just got my Z68-UD3H-B3 / i3700K going with Mountain Lion. I had to use Chameleon though, after following a thread I found (not handy to post right now).

What about Intel Virtualization Technology? Any reason not to enable it?

Using a DS3H (F6) there is no "wake on lan" setting for me but "power on by keyboard" instead. Can't find the wake on lan setting. :S

my GB score went from 11500 to 9900 using those settings, and disabling CPU EIST actually made my "about this mac" window show me the right OC'ed CPU frequency @ 4,2Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back