Contribute
Register

Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
For some reason, after loading the optimized defaults and changing the settings above, I can no longer see any USB drives in my boot order. I'm using the standard build from the June 2013 CustoMac Pro - the Z-77-UD5H. Has this happened to anyone else?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have the Z77UD5H and i7-3770 CPU (no graphics card) and am having issues shutting down the system. It never fully shuts down till I keep the button pressed for 5 Mins. Sleep also gets stuck and I have to physically press the button and restart.

I followed Tonys guide to the T and after initial Unibest installation shutdown etc worked well, however after I performed the multibeast steps it doesnt.

I have tried the following in Multibeast, can someone please help:

Change PCIRootUID=0 to Kernel Flags in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Graphics Mode = "1920x1080x64" in/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
ALC 898

Intel - Hnak's AppleIntelE1000e

Shutdown sleep did not work, so:

evoreboot
nullcpuPowerManagement
FakeSMC Plugins

3rd Party SATA

10.8.3+ TRIM Patch

Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet

Still no luck with full shutdown -
Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

removed evo reboot

I have also tried with and without the USB3 patch

Please help!

Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
i5 3570
Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Article: Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

For some reason, after loading the optimized defaults and changing the settings above, I can no longer see any USB drives in my boot order. I'm using the standard build from the June 2013 CustoMac Pro - the Z-77-UD5H. Has this happened to anyone else?

This happened to me as well with Gigabye Z77-WIFI. To solve the issue I'd swap the usb drive to another USB 2.0 slot, reboot and it would show in bios. This occurred a few times till I got everything working post install of the initial OS 10.4.8. My system boots fine now.

Motherboard
Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Article: Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

I just wondered, has anyone using this board managed to get a Apple Wireless Keyboard to work with BIOS or Bootloader. I have tried and failed so many times...

Nothing happens until OSX has loaded, and then all is well.

S

I haven't been able to. I have a usb bluetooth dongle and my bluetooth mouse works just fine in the bios.

CPU
Intel i5-3570K Quad Core
Graphics
Onboard Graphics 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I followed this list of settings for the BIOS but upon booting from the 10.8.4 install I get an apple logo and a spinning progress wheel forever. No boot... I have a GA Z77-DS3H Mobo, Intel i5-3570K quad core (Graphics 4000). I have installed 10.8.4 on an Agility 128GB SSD using a Unibeast USB drive. Ive been following LifeHackers Hackintosh guide here: http://lifehacker.com/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-building-a-hackintosh-o-5841604#install

Does anyone have ideas on what I may be doing wrong? This is a first-time hackintosh build for me.

Thanks

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

hello good evening
my name is Latin'm cotrini albeiro please excuse me for my English I'm using google,
2 months ago I'm following the installation guide for a mac pro atx with
my board gigabyte Z77X UD5H, 8 gb of corsair ram, intel i7 3770K processor, power supply 650 hard disk sata hdd, sata dvd drive.
I set the bios sata ports on a million occasions to find documents on the internet and here comes my problem

montain'm installing from a usb lion 10.8
usb to charge the ivy bridge use iboot
but none of this works I always get the apple on the white screen after a second computer restarts without producing any installation
at other times the screen is frozen with the same apple and white screen, I read somewhere that it's because I'm not using video accelerator card, but in the tonymac guide says it is optional because of my little budget that here I do not get the parts only through third I get a pretty penny decided not to use accelerator card

someone can tell me I'm doing wrong

thank you very much for the attention

Motherboard
GigaByte GA-Z77-UD5H, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Hydro H70 Cooling
CPU
Intel i7 3770K
Graphics
nVidia GA-GV770GTX 2GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Do you have 2*4 or Only RAM Modul ? Try Installation with 4gb RAM only. You can use the flag maxmem=4096
best

xtrasteven

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
CPU
I7-3770
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Plus
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Take a look at: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/01/hackintosh-basics-kernel-panics-boot.html

Type: -v -x at the Chimera screen during boot to get the verbose startup and "safe" boot.

When you get to the Chimera screen, just touch the space bar, then type in your -v -x etc. You only have a couple of seconds to do that, so stay alert.

Motherboard
Optiplex 9010 SFF
CPU
i7
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS

I followed this list of settings for the BIOS but upon booting from the 10.8.4 install I get an apple logo and a spinning progress wheel forever. No boot... I have a GA Z77-DS3H Mobo, Intel i5-3570K quad core (Graphics 4000). I have installed 10.8.4 on an Agility 128GB SSD using a Unibeast USB drive. Ive been following LifeHackers Hackintosh guide here: http://lifehacker.com/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-building-a-hackintosh-o-5841604#install

Does anyone have ideas on what I may be doing wrong? This is a first-time hackintosh build for me.

Thanks

I had the same problem. The first time you boot, you have to use the -x option so that it will boot, then run multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.