Contribute
Register

Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! 1st build and install. GA-Z77x-UP5 TH, I7-3770K, Integrated Intel Graphics, 3TB HD (2 Partitions - 240GB TEST, Remaining DATA), Also 240GB SSD which I will deal with later for primary boot. Right now I have set BIOS as per instructions, installed OSX and run multibeast on the 240GB TEST partition. When I try and reboot, it does not work and I cannot find "P:partition" - The only way I can boot to OSX is thru USB Drive with Unibeast.

is the bios setting for this motherboard and GAz77p-d3 same????

Great, I got my Gigabyte Sniper.G1 M3 up and running with Mountain Lion and core i7 3770K using these settings.

Article: Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

Help! 1st build and install. GA-Z77x-UP5 TH, I7-3770K, Integrated Intel Graphics, 3TB HD (2 Partitions - 240GB TEST, Remaining DATA), Also 240GB SSD which I will deal with later for primary boot. Right now I have set BIOS as per instructions, installed OSX and run multibeast on the 240GB TEST partition. When I try and reboot, it does not work and I cannot find "P:partition" - The only way I can boot to OSX is thru USB Drive with Unibeast.

Look at the screen before the chimera screen. If there is a string of tests that begin with boot0 and if the final line ends in error then search for boot0 error and there is a tutorial to fix it so the volume will boot. You could make the SSD the boot drive and you shouldn't have the issue.

Here's a link
http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

I had this problem myself

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and I just recently finish building my new machine using the z77-ds3h motherboard. Followed all the instructions, when I try to install (with unibeast), i get the "STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE" error at the end.

It seems like everyone here is getting their gigabyte z77 motherboards working fine, except me. :(

Just in case, here are my system specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte z77-ds3h
CPU: i7 3770k
RAM: 16gb Corsair vengeance
GPU: EVGA Superclocked GeForce GTX 680, 2GB GDDR5

I'm in the power management section of the Bios for a GA z77n-wifi (Bios version F2), and there is no 'wake on lan' setting. Do I need to update my Bios? There is a more recent version but it is a beta version. thanks.

Article: Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

I'm in the power management section of the Bios for a GA z77n-wifi (Bios version F2), and there is no 'wake on lan' setting. Do I need to update my Bios? There is a more recent version but it is a beta version. thanks.

There's no such option in the BIOS of H77N-WiFi either and as far as I know this is the latest released version for these two boards, so currently no update is possible.

There's no such option in the BIOS of H77N-WiFi either and as far as I know this is the latest released version for these two boards, so currently no update is possible.

Update: I tried updating to the beta BIOS (f3d) on my z77n, and it tells me that the file size is incorrect.

i am having issue with this 10.8.3 fresh install. it always hangs on IOBluetoothHCI Controller.

any advice

Z77-UD5H
HD 4000
I7 3770K
16GB Ram
256GB SSD

i am having issue with this 10.8.3 fresh install. it always hangs on IOBluetoothHCI Controller.

any advice

Z77-UD5H
HD 4000
I7 3770K
16GB Ram
256GB SSD

I think I had the same kind of problem, I entered Safe Mode, finished the install and installed Multibeast and then it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back