Quick Fix for Onboard Audio on 9 Series Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus Deluxe Z97
ALC1150
Clover

SSDT -> Inject Layout 1
Multibeast 6.31 -> Audio -> ALC1150 + 9-series enabler + EFI

Working black port. No working green port.

Thanks!

ASROCK Z97 Extreme 4, Multibeast 6.3.1 + patch didn't help. Manually loading the patched ALC1150 kext helped.

Even the rear green jack works.

Attachments

• 9series.zip
    857.7 KB · Views: 217
Testers needed:
10.9.4/1150/9 Series only/AppleHDA.kext
Install with KextBeast or Kext Utility

Reply with sound results and IOJones.

If no audio, see Post #1 of the linked thread

Credit: kidalive #703, Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide] - Page 71
You missed the 25-15-5 line-out, u also make the node 20 as IntSpeaker and that is not a good hack. To make a Line-out as IntSpeaker made the volume damn low. I tested it is not as good as my previous fix. Now the only problem is the 3 sound assertions. I noticed the pathmap, the amp in 20, 22, 23, 27, they have two amp in audio mixer and the output. Why? I tried to make only one amp but no device in system preference-sound shows. It is not the same as stock mac. I checked retail mac, they have only one amp in the ouput of pathmap. You can see 20-12-2 in stock pathmap, and a amp is above 12 but not 2. In this kext, I see a amp above 12 and 2. Is this cause the sound assertions?

Toleda, thanks for this - this version enabled sound on my UD3H board, which had no sound before (despite fresh installation with new Multibeast including drivers etc.).

Green line out and front line out work, IOJones see below!
View attachment 9seriesKextTest.zip

You missed the 25-15-5 line-out,
Not missing; by design. OS X supports 4 audio output devices. Adding gray Line Out disables optical, see the customization guide. Changing Internal Speakers to Line Out disables Headphone switching. Separating Headphones as an audio output device means you can't have 4 Line Outs (7.1). To summarize, there is no correlation between native audio and what makes non native audio work.

Feel free to pursue any custom configuration that works best for your system.

Not missing; by design. OS X supports 4 audio output devices. Adding gray Line Out disables optical, see the customization guide. Changing Internal Speakers to Line Out disables Headphone switching. Separating Headphones as an audio output device means you can't have 4 Line Outs (7.1). To summarize, there is no correlation between native audio and what makes non native audio work.

Feel free to pursue any custom configuration that works best for your system.

You r wrong about "Changing Internal Speakers to Line Out disables Headphone switching", it worked I confirm. I have node 0x14(20) as line-out and you set it as IntSpeaker, I can switch between node 20 and 27(HP out), it worked. I have no SPDIF-out devices, I dunno whether adding node 25 disables SPDIF-out or not. And we have to edit according to native settings, especially in the layout, or the devices will stop working or worse as KP. You can add a 3 channel configration which stock mac not support and reboot u will see KP messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back