Contribute
Register

Quick Fix for Onboard Audio on 9 Series Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the quick reply! I will look at it more closely and try again

Right now I am desperately trying to bout into my system since I added my GTX 780ti graphics card. I can only get in by safe mode and can't get the proper nvidia drivers loaded

sorry, you're right of course! just frustrated after 9 hours of banging my head against a wall

So, I hate to admit this - but I've been working on this a couple hours per day for the last week, and haven't been able to get my audio working. I have the Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H with the 1150 audio, and I've read every thread I've seen on the subject so far.

I've used the kext mentioned in this thread, installed it via Kext Utility and Kextbeast at different times, but whenever I restart, I get no sound and no visible audio hardware in System Preferences. I'm admittedly new to this scene, and really don't know what some of the other things I've seen are referring to, such as changing the "Audio ID". I don't know where that is, and nothing I've been able to find over the last several days actually comes out and tells me. Can someone clue me in on what I'm missing, or where to go from here?

I know the sound is enabled in BIOS, as it works just fine under Windows 8.1.

Here's my config.

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
Intel i5-4690
GeForce GTX 660Ti
16GB DDR-1333
Misc. pile of SSD's

VT-d is disabled, IGP is disabled, installed without DSDT's.

Used HDAEnabler kexts. Audio only works for a little bit, then stops.(I believe when it goes to sleep). Front and back works when it does though.
GA-H97M-D3H
Realtek 889

Revised 1150-9series AppleHDA.kext. Test Green Rear and Green Front for sound. Reply with result and IOReg/IOJones.

Edit: fix did not work, file removed.
Testers needed: confirm 9 Series/1150 motherboard green port works in Linux.
Reply with Linux flavor/version, sound driver and audio results.

nvm sound doesn't stop when i sleep. i can't figure out when it just stops working, but it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back