Contribute
Register

Quick Fix for Intel HD 4600 Graphics Acceleration on 9 Series Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should switch to Clover. It solved lots of the problems I had with Chimera. I can provide you with my Clover setup if you need it.

I have full QE/CI, I only have 2 graphics problems:
  • Tearing problem on my HDMI monitor (I have a dual monitor setup). More info here.
  • Poor graphics acceleration. I can see some lags on some animations (when I expand a folder from the Dock for instance), and when I do graphics benchmarks (more info here). I don't know if it's lack of performance from the HD4600 chip, or if it's a problem in my setup.
Otherwise, everything's working fine.

Thanks Cedla,

I think i am gonna exchange my motherboard for the one you have because even if i solved the HD4600 issue, i would still have to solve the sound issue. The audio on Z97-HD3 is just not working for me. I get nothing even with the latest Multibeast sound driver.

Also for some reason, the i7-4790k is shown as unknown CPU as seen during verbose boot. So i am hoping to get all 3 issues resolved in one shot by switching to the UD3H board.

Thanks Cedla,

I think i am gonna exchange my motherboard for the one you have because even if i solved the HD4600 issue, i would still have to solve the sound issue. The audio on Z97-HD3 is just not working for me. I get nothing even with the latest Multibeast sound driver.

Also for some reason, the i7-4790k is shown as unknown CPU as seen during verbose boot. So i am hoping to get all 3 issues resolved in one shot by switching to the UD3H board.
It seems you don't have the same audio chip as mine indeed.
Mine is ALC1150, yours is ALC887.
Did you try this ? http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/145099-os-x-yosemite-alc887-888b-audio-fixed-my-guide-worked-me.html
(we're getting off topic)

is the HD4600 fully working on Yosemite? do i have to install anything or set any boot flag, considering i will install it using the latest unibeast and multibeast? i'll not use multiple screens.

thanks in advance.

Update:

I exchanged my Z97-HD3 board for Z97X-UD3H board, was able to install Yosemite with the correct BIOS settings as advised.

The HD4600 issue:

Now i have full graphics accerration with HD4600 registered to the system as such.

The only problem is that screen flickers, even as i type these words on tonymacx86.com using Google Chrome, but it works fine with OSX's native Safari browser.

I am currently running on Safe Boot mode, have not yet installed Multibeast,

Will report back after Multibeast installation.

Update:

Yosemite does support HD4600, but it flickers from time to time.
Maybe there was something i didn't do correctly.

So anyway, i went back to 10.9.5, and the HD4600 works flawlessly. I also have audio back.

The i7-4790k is still shown as unknow CPU during verbose boot.

While i do like the new 10.10, i am gonna hold off on 10.10 installation and wait for a few more software updates from Apple.

Yosemite does support HD4600, but it flickers from time to time.
Maybe there was something i didn't do correctly.
If you applied any HD4600 fixes mentioned in this thread to your Yosemite install, expect HD4600 problems. This thread is for Mavericks installs only.

If you applied any HD4600 fixes mentioned in this thread to your Yosemite install, expect HD4600 problems. This thread is for Mavericks installs only.

I didn't. After installing Yosemite on the Z97X-UD3H board, the video worked, but with flaws, it flickered very often and it has no full acceleration. The VRAM only registered as 7MB. I didn't install HD4600 fix for the board using the latest Multibeast (the 7.0 version for Yosemite) because there was no such option in the Multibeast. If there was that option, i would have tried to install it, but there isn't.

I know this was for Mavericks only, but there is no threads for HD4600 for Yosemite (because HD4600 is PRESUMABLY compatible for Yosemite and that was not the case for me and a few others here at least).

Anyway, i went back to 10.9.5, works great now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back