Contribute
Register

Quick Fix for Intel HD 4600 Graphics Acceleration on 9 Series Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
After installing the kext using kextbeast, i can't still boot (I got kernel panic, cpu 0 caller), the only way I can access is using -x -v in the command line.

Clean install, no kexts installed, only the HD4600 patch.

i7 4770k
Z97N-WiFi
HD4600 (Intel 256MB)
2x4GB Corsair Dominator XMP 1600MHz CL9
OCZ Agility3 60GB

Sure,

Loaded "Optimized settings" in the BIOS (I still have F2 as the only note for F3 was about using SSD, which I do not have).
I disabled VT-d.
That's it.

Here's the list from MultiBeast.

3 days now, 2 overnight sleep, and didn't have to reboot. No crashes of any apps yet either. Knocking on wood!

Everything working perfectly, including audio and video. Thank you all.

My configuration:
Gigabyte H97n ,I7 4770s, 1x8gb crucial ballistix sport, Kingston SSD 120GB.

Luckily it's fixable via a replacement kext or id.

The specific problem is MEI. MEI is now called dsdt/HECI. dsdt/ssdt injection does not work. An Info.plist edit is required:
Code:
add: IOKitPersonalities/AppleIntelMEIDriver/IOPCIPrimaryMatch/0x8cba8086

To achieve full graphics acceleration on 10.9.3 via HD 4600 on 9 Series motherboards, download the attached patched version and install via KextBeast or the like.

Great work tony and others! However, I installed this kext into S/L/E (and checked if it was there), but it still doesn't come up in IOJones and System Information still tells me that no kext has been loaded, while my HD4600 still only has 6MB while I set 128MB in the bios.
I took a look at the ig-platform_id and it was totally different then the one you mentioned or the ones present in the kext. I did add the id using textedit, but it didn't work. Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks to tonny, toleda, rehabman,. It worked like a charm.

I took a look at the ig-platform_id and it was totally different
Off topic. Patched Azul does not work with the wrong framebuffer.

Clover must be configured properly: config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id/0x0300220D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back