Contribute
Register

Quick Fix for Intel HD 4600 Graphics Acceleration on 9 Series Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to remove this kext, because ever since I installed it I am unable to boot up without enabling safe mode?

Is there a way to remove this kext, because ever since I installed it I am unable to boot up without enabling safe mode?

If you saved a backup... restore from it.

I just went ahead and manually removed the kext file.

I just went ahead and manually removed the kext file.

The kext is native... installed by OS X installer. And it is necessary for HD4600 graphics to work...

I just restarted and everything is working.

I'm not sure what that means. I know that when I installed the kext in the 1st post it immediately F'ed my machine. So I removed it.
If there was already an Azul kext installed in the 1st place, then I would guess, since I don't know how this works, that I'm running off of a cache of some sort.

I tried asking for some advice on another thread, regarding my build, but I guess I might be in the wrong forum.

Where should I ask about my build? I thought I was pretty setup, but the stuff that you guys are talking about on this thread suggests there are some issues. Anyway forget it. I will just reinstall if it stops working. I have a backup.

I'm not sure what that means. I know that when I installed the kext in the 1st post it immediately F'ed my machine. So I removed it.

Instead of removing it, you probably should have booted verbose for further troubleshooting...

If there was already an Azul kext installed in the 1st place, then I would guess, since I don't know how this works, that I'm running off of a cache of some sort.

AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext is installed by the OS X installer. The kext here is an edited version of it.

Where should I ask about my build? I thought I was pretty setup, but the stuff that you guys are talking about on this thread suggests there are some issues. Anyway forget it. I will just reinstall if it stops working. I have a backup.

9-series chipset is not really supported by OS X. There is no Apple product that uses it.

Instead of removing it, you probably should have booted verbose for further troubleshooting...

AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext is installed by the OS X installer. The kext here is an edited version of it.

9-series chipset is not really supported by OS X. There is no Apple product that uses it.

Thanks for that clarification.

Ok, This guy was able to get audio working with WonkeyDonkey.

I posted my DSDT on my thread over here. I know his Mobo has an M, and mine doesn't.

I'm not so sure if that means it's a different audio chipset. He was also able to get his video working fine with some help. Mine is "working" but like you said, the "QC" or in my words accelerated graphics aren't working.

Audio isn't supported via HDMI at all?

This kext is crucial to have working "QC" on this mobo?

If so, my settings I posted originally, regarding the IGP were correct then.

From what I understand you're not sure why it's not working without me posting the crash messages.

A lot of this thread had people posting attachments, but I'm not sure what they are.

Thanks for that clarification.

Ok, This guy was able to get audio working with WonkeyDonkey.

I posted my DSDT on my thread over here. I know his Mobo has an M, and mine doesn't.

I'm not so sure if that means it's a different audio chipset. He was also able to get his video working fine with some help. Mine is "working" but like you said, the "QC" or in my words accelerated graphics aren't working.

Audio isn't supported via HDMI at all?

This kext is crucial to have working "QC" on this mobo?

I think you mean QE (Quartz Extreme). You need to edit the kext such that IntelMEI driver loads against the 9-series Intel MEI device. The Haswell AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext will not load without AppleIntelMEIDriver starting.

HDMI-audio is a separate issue.

From what I understand you're not sure why it's not working without me posting the crash messages.

A lot of this thread had people posting attachments, but I'm not sure what they are.

If you make the edits (by installing the kext here, provided you installed the same version of OS X the kext is from) and it is not working, the only way to further diagnose would be if you uploaded a (verbose boot) photo of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back