Contribute
Register

Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299/ Series Kaby Lake Audio, Onboard and/or HD 6x0 HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
2787035531_066ba1ee85.jpeg

Quick Fix: 200 Series/Kaby Lake and X299 Audio
Onboard and/or HD 6x0 HDMI Audio

The 200 Series/Kaby Lake HD Audio Controller is currently not supported in released versions of macOS (developer builds. excepted). Symptoms are audio devices present, iTunes not playing and no sound.

Fix: Patch the Skylake Audio Controller (0xa170) for Kaby Lake and X299 (0xa2fo)
This fix is temporary; required until macOS/AppleHDA.kext natively supports 200 Series/X299 Audio.

Supports 10.12.6, 10.12.5 and 10.12.4.

Solutions (select and install one solution only)
  1. RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID - No issues expected with native 200 Series Audio supported/AppleHDA.kext
    • Download: OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID / Downloads
      • Install (use kext installer)
        • FakePCIID.kext (if not installed previously)
        • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
  2. Edit config.plist (Xcode) - Must be removed before installing/updating native 200 Series Audio supported/AppleHDA.kext (one choice or the other)
  3. Patched AppleHDA.kext - Software Update removes patch (install one choice only)
    • A. Patch AppleHDA.kext/audio_200_Series_hda-124_v1.0.command
      • Download: audio_200_Series_hda-124_v1.0.command.zip
      • Double click Downloads/audio_200_Series_hda-124_v1.0.command
      • Enter Password
      • Copies installed AppleHDA.kext to Desktop/audio_10.12.x/AppleHDA-orig.kext
      • Verifies:
        • SIP disabled
        • 200 Series motherboard
        • Installed AppleHDA.kext does not support 200 Series Audio
      • Rebuilds kernel cache
    • B. Patch AppleHDA.kext (use hex editor)
      • Copy System/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
      • Edit Desktop/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/MacOS
        • Find: 3d70a1 (3x)
        • Rplc: 3df0a2
      • Save
        • Desktop/AppleHDA.kext
    • C. Patched AppleHDA.kext
      • AppleHDA.kext (10.12.5)
        • See attachment (below)
          • Downloads/200 Series Audio/AppleHDA/10.12.45

• AppleHDA.kext (10.12.4)
        • See attachment (below)
          • Downloads/200 Series Audio/AppleHDA/10.12.4
Not working/Post to thread linked with requested files attached:
  1. No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1/II. Problem Reporting.
  2. No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1/Problem Reporting.
Credit
dgsga/Native ALC1220 audio for 200-series motherboards
BJY1991/Not work on X299 Motherboard
200 series MB. Upgraded to 10.12.6 and onboard audio does not work. Tried both solution 1 and 3. Also, AppleHDA does not show up under system/library/extensions when I install it using kext wizard.

See Post #1, Not working ...
Off topic.
I've seen post #1 and I've tried every solution, even reinstalling 10.12.6 update. I cannot get any audio working whatsoever.

My audio preference panel lists internal Internal Speakers, 2x Line Out, and Digital Out. I am getting no audio out of any jacks from the front or back panel.

Is there a simple walkthrough that would allow me to delete all audio drivers and codecs and start fresh?

My config.plist is attached in case I am missing something.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 254
First post, first build, but I'm getting there.

I want to try Solution 1, using Kextbeast: where should I put the kexts?:

/L/E

/S/L/E

or both?

Thanks.

But... but ... but...

... that was too easy!

I used Solution 1.

I first checked whether FakePCIID.kext was already present (yes), so just installed FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext with KextBeast and... bingo!!

Great sound from all analog outlets using the 3 options in the sound out prefs. Still no sound from monitor speakers thru HDMI but I don't care because I don't use it anyway.

Makes my build just about complete, methinks.

Thanks to all, especially Toleda, but also to all other posters whose inputs helped expand my understanding.

H

Are you sure you don't have audio popping/bad quality audio? Listen close..

For #1 it might help to clarify to delete those kexts if they exist because if they use Kextbeast then I believe that will not overwrite existing ones which are likely to be old versions if used latest Multibeast. Should we keep realtekALC.kext or delete that too?

Are you sure you don't have audio popping/bad quality audio? Listen close..

For #1 it might help to clarify to delete those kexts if they exist because if they use Kextbeast then I believe that will not overwrite existing ones which are likely to be old versions if used latest Multibeast. Should we keep realtekALC.kext or delete that too?

The audio is perfect, no mistake.

I didn't overwrite the existing kext, only added the new one. I didn't do anything with realtekALC.kext at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back