Contribute
Register

Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299/ Series Kaby Lake Audio, Onboard and/or HD 6x0 HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I have tried method 1 but did not work. I have tried installing a lot of codecs - is there a way to remove everything including Voodoo and start clean? BTW, I am also missing AppleHDA.kext from my Extensions...

Hi.

I have tried method 1 but did not work. I have tried installing a lot of codecs - is there a way to remove everything including Voodoo and start clean? BTW, I am also missing AppleHDA.kext from my Extensions...
Dit you check my previous post and tried it?
That worked for me.

Make sure that you never mix options, only use one and make sure that nothing is left behind when you try another option.

I usually put a label on every extension in both folders just after installing but just before using Multibeast. This makes it easier to see what kext have been added. You can of course also make a copy of both folders. Makes it easier to revert to the condition right after the fresh install without any modifications.

Dit you check my previous post and tried it?
That worked for me.

Make sure that you never mix options, only use one and make sure that nothing is left behind when you try another option.

I usually put a label on every extension in both folders just after installing but just before using Multibeast. This makes it easier to see what kext have been added. You can of course also make a copy of both folders. Makes it easier to revert to the condition right after the fresh install without any modifications.

Will try that buddy. But I think i installed so many audio drivers and I should delete all first right? Is there a good way to do that? Is there anything i can share here to give me some tips?

2787035531_066ba1ee85.jpeg

Quick Fix: 200 Series/Kaby Lake Audio
Onboard and/or HD 6x0 HDMI Audio

The 200 Series/Kaby Lake HD Audio Controller is currently not supported in released versions of macOS (developer builds. excepted). Symptoms are audio devices present, iTunes not playing and no sound.

Fix: Patch the Skylake Audio Controller (0xa170) for Kaby Lake (0xa2fo)
This fix is temporary, required until macOS/AppleHDA.kext natively supports 200 Series Audio.

Supports 10.12.5 and 10.12.4.

Solutions (select and install one solution only)
  1. RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID - No issues expected with native 200 Series Audio supported/AppleHDA.kext
    • Download: OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID / Downloads
      • Install (use kext installer)
        • FakePCIID.kext (if not installed previously)
        • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
  2. Edit config.plist - Must be removed before installing/updating native 200 Series Audio supported/AppleHDA.kext (one choice or the other)
  3. Patched AppleHDA.kext - Software Update removes patch (install one choice only)
    • A. Patch AppleHDA.kext/audio_200_Series_hda-124_v1.0.command
      • Download: audio_200_Series_hda-124_v1.0.command.zip
      • Double click Downloads/audio_200_Series_hda-124_v1.0.command
      • Enter Password
      • Copies installed AppleHDA.kext to Desktop/audio_10.12.x/AppleHDA-orig.kext
      • Verifies:
        • SIP disabled
        • 200 Series motherboard
        • Installed AppleHDA.kext does not support 200 Series Audio
      • Rebuilds kernel cache
    • B. Patch AppleHDA.kext (use hex editor)
      • Copy System/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
      • Edit Desktop/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/MacOS
        • Find: 3d70a1 (3x)
        • Rplc: 3df0a2
      • Save
        • Desktop/AppleHDA.kext
    • C. Patched AppleHDA.kext
      • AppleHDA.kext (10.12.5)
        • See attachment (below)
          • Downloads/200 Series Audio/AppleHDA/10.12.45

• AppleHDA.kext (10.12.4)
        • See attachment (below)
          • Downloads/200 Series Audio/AppleHDA/10.12.4
Not working/Post to thread linked with requested files attached:
  1. No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1/II. Problem Reporting.
  2. No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1/Problem Reporting.
Credit: dgsga/Native ALC1220 audio for 200-series motherboards

It says "Solutions (select and install one solution only)" . To implement this, do I do: 1. RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID, then 2. Edit config.plist, then #3 Patched AppleHDA.kext? Or do I do 1, 2 OR 3? I'm trying to figure out what the different potential solutions are...

trying to figure out what the different potential solutions are...
1 or 2 or 3, each is a solution, no combinations.
If you install 1, remove 1 before you install 2, same with all other methods.

what program i have to use in the solution n° 2

Weird, AppleALC 1.1.1 works just fine for my motherboard - GA-Z270X-UD3, with the same 100 series clover patches in config.plist, and the audio layout inject on 7 or 11. I've been using it for over a month with no probs.

The only weirdness is the audio system prefs routes the actual "line out" port to the label "internal speakers". Front headphone port works fine! I was hoping to try your new layout id 1 or 2 in v 1.1.2 to see if that fixed it - https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/blob/master/Changelog.md

Hi, I think we have the same motherboard. My problem is install the AppleALC no sound. I did try layout id 1 、2 、5 、 7 、11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back