Contribute
Register

Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299/ Series Kaby Lake Audio, Onboard and/or HD 6x0 HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have been having the following issue since installing the ALC1220 audio drivers. I now get some audio devices show up in my sound preferences however no sound will play; YouTube videos constantly buffer and media files immediately stop playing after clicking play.

LOChujOzH3.gif

The original steps I took were to install the "100 / 200 Series Audio" and "ALC1220" drivers via multibeast. I have then tried steps 1 and 3A of this thread but I am still having the same problems. Has anyone else had these issue or know what is causing this?

Thanks,

I have exactly the same issue. Please let me know if you have any success.

Hi all,

I have been having the following issue since installing the ALC1220 audio drivers. I now get some audio devices show up in my sound preferences however no sound will play; YouTube videos constantly buffer and media files immediately stop playing after clicking play.

LOChujOzH3.gif

The original steps I took were to install the "100 / 200 Series Audio" and "ALC1220" drivers via multibeast. I have then tried steps 1 and 3A of this thread but I am still having the same problems. Has anyone else had these issue or know what is causing this?

Thanks,

I had the same issue as you. Got it mostly fixed, just have some clicking and popping in the audio that I have to work on but the fix also fixed the youtube buffering etc.
I just used the patched AppleHDA.kext that is attached on the bottom of the first post in this thread and installed that using KextBeast. Rebooted and I had sound.
I have the same Mboard as you.

I reposted this issue in Problem reporting: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-sound-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143750/page-151#post-1519853 follow it there for more updates.

But no, still no success!

I've ended up using method 1
RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID - No issues expected with native 200 Series Audio supported/AppleHDA.kext
  • Download: OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID / Downloads
    • Install (use kext installer)
      • FakePCIID.kext (if not installed previously)
      • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

And have had the best result. No clicks or pops. Youtube and media work fine. My HDMI and Displayport audio outputs don't appear but I get audio from the headphone and line out jacks. I have the GA-270X-GAMING 5.
I used KextBeast to install Kexts and made sure to use the original AppleHDA.kext
I'll attach the files I used and my config so you can compare to what you have.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 187
  • RehabMan-FakePCIID-2017-0527.zip
    62.7 KB · Views: 153
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 176
method 1 and 3 work for me but I'm unable to fix the "no sound after sleep" problem.
Asus Maximus ix code.
Any known solution for this problem?
This seems to be the last problem for me to fix (except for the onboard Wifi and bluetooth)
Bluetooth is working but it prevents the system from going to sleep. I use a dongle for now and that seems to work.
I disable both of them in the Bios for now. Sound after sleep is for me a real problem, once I find a solution I have this working:
Maximus ix Code
i7 6700k (will update is later with generation 7 later)
GTX 1080 ti
Once I have everything working I intend to post a complete guide.

Check the Audio Forum stickies
Search: no sound after sleep fix
I tried installing CodecCommander.kext but it isn't clear to me if just installing it in /libraries/extensions is enough...
I did not solve the problem.
My previous board Maximus viii ranger never had that issue, simply used "audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0f1.command"' and I had sound and it was fine after wake up.
"audio_200_Series_hda-124_v1.0.command" is enabling sound but gone after wake up on the ix code board.
Very frustrating not being able to fix this last issue.
But we won't give up!

Ok, I was able to fix it:
Used KextBeast.pkg to copy AppleALC.ketxt and Lilu.kext to /Library/extensions.
Used KextBeast.pkg to copy CodeCommander.kext to /System/library/extensions (compiled it myself but that isn't necessary I guess and I guess /library/extensions will work also)
But the most important fix was to add darkwake=8 to the bootargs, this also made the computer wake up 'better'.
Only one hit on the keyboard, goes to sleep faster and wakes up faster.
I will have to investigate darkwake=xxx more to see what exactly all these values do.

Only fix to do is to get rid of the message:
"Disk Not Ejected Properly. Eject "xxxx" before disconnecting or turning it off" for my usb harddisk when I put the computer to sleep. I created a custom SSDT for USBINJectAll.kext and it is working, all my ports are working with the right speed and all unused are disabled.
I don't have an idea yet what the reason is. I had the same issue on my Ranger motherboard but it went away without doing something special....
Ideas more than welcome.

Once that is fixed, I will post a guide for this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back