Quick Bluetooth Tip for Apple Wireless KB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
TKC BUILDS
CPU
Graphics
Hi Tonymacers,

This basically took me 3 hours to figure out and I want to SAVE you guys the time of figuring this out.

If your using a working bluetooth module, for example I am using the mini belkin adapter with an apple wireless keyboard. This will pair up fine with OSX 10.6 & 10.7 no problem and by default.

The problem lies with when your running a DUAL BOOT with Windows 7.

I ran into the problem, my bluetooth in WIN7 finds the apple wireless keyboard but cannot connect.

3 Hours later, this was th problem. Once the device is paired with an Apple OS, it can only be paired with another apple OS without any issues. In WIN7 the KB was not able to connect due to this stupid problem.

What you have to do!

Unpair the Apple Wireless Keyboard in OSX
From the Bluetooth preference, highlight the KB and click the 'minus' sign to remove it

Restart and select WIN7 from Chimera
You will need a USB keyboard and your BT module installed properly
Now pair your keyboard, you will find it works fine now!

Once its paired in WIN7
Restart in OSX again, Im using LION
Pairing with LION as usual and now its working fine...

Problem Solved!

I hope this helpful tip can save you the time it took me to work this out. Im typing to you perfectly fine VIA Apple Wireless Keyboard.

:headbang: Have a great day!

Mods please move this to the correct section if required.

Thank you so much for investing the time. Had this problem and just threw up my hands. Didn't have time to play around and pulled out the USB KB. I'll try this solution first thing tomorrow at the office.

Regards!

Scuba said:
Thank you so much for investing the time. Had this problem and just threw up my hands. Didn't have time to play around and pulled out the USB KB. I'll try this solution first thing tomorrow at the office.

Regards!

Cheers buddy, hope it works out for you and Im sure it will. What a pain, this will be useful I guess.

Well whadya know... this worked.... I tried pairing my apple KB in windows years ago and it never worked but this solved it.

One thing i would like to add....

In windows when u Right-click on your bluetooth icon in your taskbar. (bottom right)
Make sure u click on "open settings" and then click the "COM Ports" tab.
Click ADD and choose incoming device and hit OK.
This was the final little step that allowed the KB to Pair

thanx again :headbang:

Awesome, good to know this tip is visible to people that need it :thumbup:

Will the keyboard work in Bios & Chameleon loader also?

sickassdog13 said:
Will the keyboard work in Bios & Chameleon loader also?

Depends on your bluetooth module, my one does... I would say most of them do but yeah, works well :p

Do your belkin works well after sleep on Lion? My trackpad don't work after sleep and my keyboard acts strange, eject button opens the calculator. Really strange... But it works well on chimera and bios, and keyboard wakes computer from sleep.

Hey there.

Thanks for the heads up, I ended up just using an USB keyboard on Windows 7 because the pairing is a pain in the... :crazy:

Say, is this your adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back