Contribute
Register

Questions regarding build (Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming-ITX, 8700K, GTX1060)

Motherboard
ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Hello!

I'm thinking about doing a hackintosh out of my mITX PC. I haven't done this before so I have some questions. But first; here are the components I currently own and plan on using in my hackintosh build.

Mobo: ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming-ITX/ac
CPU: Intel i7 8700K
GPU: Asus GTX 1060 Strix (6GB)
PSU: Corsair SF600 v1
RAM: 1x16 Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz
Storage: Samsung 960 Evo M2 500GB (will buy a separate 1TB SSD for the hackintosh)

The reason why I'm planning to do this build is because Pro Tools (the software I use for music production) is behaving strangely on windows and it's essential for my workflow. It's very important for me to get thunderbolt 3 to work b/c I need to connect my UAD Apollo Twin to the build. And the reason for the mITX form factor is that I need to be able to bring it with me in a backpack to studios etc. I know that the motherboard may not be the most compatible board out there but it's the only mITX board with TB3 so it's what I got to work with!

Here are my questions:
- Does anyone have previous experience with a similar build?

- What are the known issues with my specific hardware? I'm aware of the incompatible wifichip and the TB3 hotplug. Are these easy problems to resolve? I can replace the wifi-chip with dell DW1830 and it should be good to go, right?

- I will buy a Samsung 860 Evo 1TB for the hackintosh build because I want to keep my installation of Windows 10 intact. Especially until I have a stable version of macOS running and backed up. Is this possible or do I need to do a complete reinstall of windows aswell?

- I have read that Multibeast might mess up the hackintosh by the wrong kexts or something. What is the preferred method of adding/managing kexts and such?

Btw, I don't plan on going to Mojave first but instead High Sierra 10.13.3 to ensure compatibility with the plugins and software I use. Not to mention the GPU.

Hope I didn't forget something. Help me out hackintosh community!

Thanks in advance
Felix