Contribute
Register

Questions on How to install a Graphics card on Dual-boot system well after initial build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
Intel i7 3770
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
EDIT: Returning the Graphics Card. It is not compatable even with drivers. Will buy the 760 when I can.

To begin, thank you tonymac and community for guiding me through to my amazing computer.

I built my CustoMac last september with the following parts:

Chipset: Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
Bootdrive: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X series 8 GB
Mother: Gigabyte GA Z77x UP5 TH
Monitor: Dynex 24 inch 1080p LED LCD HDTV (DX-24e150a11)

My HDD is partioned into 3 sections: Mountain Lion Boot Drive (250 GB), Windows 7 NSFS (250 GB), and MISC (500 GB of unused data. Possibly to add to the other drives as needed in the future).

(Note: I have not updated to Maverick yet but I will at a later date.)

Currently, my system is working great but I would like to upgrade the graphics card to the nVidia GeForce 660 3GB by EVGA. When i first attempted to install it (prior to the dual boot setup), my system crashed and i was forced to start over again. On my second attempt, I experienced the same issue which caused me to abandon the upgrade and instead proceed to programming the dual boot.

Does anyone know how I would go about setting up the graphics card now? I do have my system backed up to an external HD but I would pray there is a worry free install.

I have the same question. I just built my first one last week but decided to add a gtx760 to it so it's on its way.

I haven't tried it yet but I think you may have to go to /Extra/org.chamelion.Boot.plist and change the graphics enabler line to "No". If no one more knowledgeable responds, I'll get back to you later this week when I test it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back