Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Hello,

I am about to create a guide for my system. I'm stuck with the topic "NVRAM" and have some questions about this.

In first step I checked with the NVRAM Test weather my mainboard gigabyte z390 gaming m are supports nativ NVRAM. It dosent! Now I know I need to emulate the NVRAM. As I know its possible to do this with:

1. The EFI-Driver EmuVariableUEFI.efi
2. RC-Scripts witch will create a file "nvram.plist". The nvram.plist emulates the NVRAM.

As I know its possible to use only the EmuVariableUefi without the RC-Scripts and nvram.plist to emulate NVRAM. I tried it already. I rejected the Scripts and did the NVRAM Test without success. It seams on my hardware the emuvaribaleuefi doesn't work without RC-Scripts.

My Questions:
1. does someone knows why the emuvariableuefi does not work without the RC-Scripts?
2. Is it possible to use RC-Scripts and nvram.plist without emuvariableuefi?

Thanks in advance
JB

Hey @P1LGRIM thanks! Thats good explanation. But still unclear:

- The RC-Scripts are creating the nvram.plist for saving of Bootinformation?
- If I would use only the emuvariableuefi will be there long term problems?

Thanks

You misunderstand.
The rc scripts do not create the nvram.plist, that file is created by EmuVariableUefi.efi.
The rc scripts allow the file to be saved to disk.

If I would use only the emuvariableuefi will be there long term problems?
What long term problems do you envisage ?

oh I see
so the rc scripts only boot the efi-volume to save the nvram.plist wich will be created and changed by emuvariableuefi?

so the rc scripts only boot the efi-volume to save the nvram.plist wich will be created and changed by emuvariableuefi?

The rc scripts don't boot anything.

i don't get it.

In PostNr2 RehabMan writes "RC Scripts to boot volumen". So that means the RC scripts give only the permission to save and change the nvram.plist by emuvariableuefi on disc (EFI-Volme)?

The rc scripts do not create the nvram.plist, that file is created by EmuVariableUefi.efi.
The rc scripts allow the file to be saved to disk.
I cannot think of any other ways to tell you.

okay I got it. Thank for explenation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back