GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello All!

This is my first post as I've recently discovered the wonderful world of hackintoshes!

I'll try and keep it short and concise.

I'm looking on building a model similar to the CustoMac Pro. My main uses of this computer will be for Audio and Video Production. I will be using Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro X mostly, sometimes Adobe After Effects and Possibly Photoshop. I also will be using this computer to day trade stocks which leads me to another point.

I'm thinking of either having a two or three monitor setup, for stocks and multimedia productions.

How will the monitor setups be affected in choosing a GPU? Three monitors off one GPU? Two monitors off one GPU and another monitor on a second GPU?

I would also prefer to have a quieter rig if at all possible.

Build i'm leaning towards (advice on the blank spots would be wonderful :)

Processor -
Intel Core i7-4770K

Motherboard - (Undetermined) Not a huge pref, just want something that will last a while and has room for possible audio cards, and a good video card, 4 slots for ram would be nice too.

RAM -

16GB 1866MHz DDR3 (8x2) (prob will upgrade to 32gb eventually)

GPU - ??
Guide says
GeForce GTX 760, any recommendations?

HD -
SATA 6Gb/s 250GB SSD (maybe a 1tb barracuda as well for a scratch)

Power Supply - (Undetermined) Something with least cable clutter might be nice
Case - Fractal Design Define R4 Cases, Black Pearl (FD-CA-DEF-R4-BL) (open to suggestions, something quiet preferably)

Thanks for the help!

Suggest you check the video editing builds in the Golden Builds and the User Builds forums. Much good advice there as well as tutorials on setting up the hardware/BIOS and installing OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back