Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z270 Asus Maximus IX Hero
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi everybody. I'm still doing some research on Filevault 2 and got confronted with some questions i couldn't find a answer. I managed to get a working hack on one my test disk (Irrsinn) with filevault2, but some questions need to be addressed.

First, I would like to know which of the File Vault 2 UEFI Drivers is really needed, and what the function of these is. I've installed them all on my Testdrive, but i think this isn't the way its supposed to be.

Second. I've never managed to set the boot volume correct in clover configurator. By setting the "default boot volume" to "Preboot", i've manage to get clover chose the right partition on booting. But if i do a mac os update, clover doesn't chooses the right partition for installing the update. So i have to stay close to the computer during the update, to choose the fitting partition on each updating step. Is there a a way to set the boot volume right together with file vault 2?

Thanks for your answers

This thread may help :

Thanks. I've succeeded using AppleUiSupport.efi, SMCHelper.efi and UsbKbDxe.efi. I've booted through preboot, because i'm not quite sure if I need the step with recovery partition, given the fact, that my drive is already encrypted. Any idea? I couldn't find AppleUiSupport.efi in the clover installer. So i will have to keep updated with using this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back