Motherboard
MSI Z170A GAMING M7 (MS-7976)
CPU
Intel Core i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, this is my first post on this forum, posting on mobile so sorry in advance if it appears strange on desktop.

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Figured this would go under support or similar.

I wanted to dual-boot Windows and MacOS since I have a passing affection for Sierra and I want to do cross-platform development with it, instead of learning a fangled VM.

I just have a few questions regarding my hardware and if it would work. The hardware stuff should be in my profile, if not, I can post them here. I will do my best to answer any questions.

I managed to get Sierra installed and working (for the most part) all handy-dandy, but somehow, I still got problems with it...

When I boot up the auto-run of Sierra fails with a cross-out sign. I have to reboot it again. Mucking around with some of the boot arguments.
Some weird minor graphical quirks at times.
Uncertainty on boot settings.
Some other weird small stuff.
But—this—this is a deal-breaker; there's no audio. Anything I tried didn't work.

Hopefully someone has used the same hardware, or at least the MOBO or something, and share what they did to get everything up and running.
I know I have a weird configuratiom, this was the first computer I built.

For assistance with Audio you should post in the Audio forum.
Read the 'sticky' guides first and be sure to comply with the Problem Reporting instructions or you will not get any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back