Contribute
Register

Questions about hardware & El Capitan compatibility, and further !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I really want to get into hackintosh game as I read some threads on TonyMacx86 and several other websites, TonyMacx86 seems to be the best as I'm writing on the forum for the first time, sorry in advance as english is not my main language. Thanks to all : )

I'm not a 100% sure of what will work and what will require a lot of tweaks during and after installation.

I'm a graphic designer, I know how to mount a homemade computer, I know a bit about how to use terminal and make usb install keys.

There is a list of hardware components I copied above and here are my questions :

I wanted to know how these components are compatible with an install key of El Capitan ? Like let's say 10.11.6 to be really precise.

Maybe I could go for Sierra, but a lot of my software is on El Capitan, I really would like to stay on El Capitan, if it's too complicated because of hardware compatibility, don't hesitate to advise me, I'm kind of a noob I think :eek:

Also last question, how is maintainability of my hardware ? After I buy all these and install El Capitan or Sierra, will it be possible in 2 or 3 years or maybe more to update ? Or convert the machine in a windows or linux computer ?

Here is the list (I gathered all this on Buyers Guide from here->July 2018):

TP-Link Archer T9E Adaptateur PCI Express Wi-FI Double Bande AC 1900Mbps
62€
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Carte Graphique 08G-P4-6173-KR
500€
Corsair Carbide 300R Titanium Boîtier PC Gaming (Moyenne Tour ATX Silencieux) Noir
76,90€
Corsair RM650x 80PLUS Gold
112,96€
Ballistix Sport LT BLS2C8G4D240FSC 16Go Kit (8Gox2) (DDR4, 2400 MT/s, PC4-19200, DR x8, DIMM, 288-Pin)
149,99€
Corsair Hydro H60 Refroidisseur Liquide (Une SP120 PWM Ventilateur, All-in-One Liquid CPU Cooler) Noir
76,90€
Intel Core i7–7700 K Processeur 4,2 Ghz 4 Cœurs 8 Mo de Mémoire Cache
319,39€
Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z270 2 Voies SLI Carte Mère ATX DDR4 (Ga-z270 X -UD5) GA-Z270-HD3P
143,30€

Thanks a lot for reading me, and maybe answering me !

Élodie

Pascal based graphics cards are not supported in El Capitan.

Pascal based graphics cards are not supported in El Capitan.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

What about Sierra with this nVidia graphic card ?

Also, if I buy all these parts, is this tutorial going to work without doing any additional tricks?

How about Update and Security Updates btw ?

Thanks in advance,
Élodie

The GTX 1070 is supported in MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra with the Nvidia web drivers.

If you use the installation methods here, future updates and security updates should be able to install. However, the Nvidia web drivers will need to be updated following each security update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back