Contribute
Register

Questions About Compatible Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in building a hackintosh as my first ever computer build. I want to do this more for fun and try to go as cheap as I can to get it to work decently. I have found a Dell Inspiron 580 on Ebay for a very good price and I wonder if the motherboard on that, or the computer in general will be compatible. Thank you and im looking forward to working on this build.

There are more compatible choices than that. You can find HP 8200s or 8300s on Ebay that are much better suited to run Sierra.
If you want dell you can get the Optiplex 780 with a Core 2 Duo at a low price. It's not as good for Sierra but older versions of OS X are good with that.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hp-8300-elite-w-intel-i5-3470-quad-core-at-newegg.191143/
Would something an Optiplex 755 work well too? A fast response would be great because the bidding for this lot of two ends in 40 minutes from when I post this

Would something an Optiplex 755 work well too? A fast response would be great because the bidding for this lot of two ends in 40 minutes from when I post this
Yes, some have used the 755 or 760 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back