- Sep 10, 2014
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
I’m a noob at this and I want to build a CustoMac for music production. I’ve been looking everywhere and reading stuff but I’m still insecure about what I’m getting. I’m a bedroom producer and I make everything on my Macbook Pro 13” early-2011 with headphones or external monitors connected via built-in output. I want to build myself a desktop CustoMac to run Ableton and Logic Pro X with various plugins. My configuration would be this (I’m kind of in a budget so this is the best I can afford right now):
- Intel Core i5 4430 3.0GHz
- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI
- 8 to 16GB of RAM (I want to know if the brand really matters or if I can use any other as long as it has the same specs recommended in the Buyer’s Guide, I’m asking because not all the brands are really easy to get or are expensive where I’m from).
- Power Supply 500W (Same question here as before about the brand)
- Toshiba SSD 254GB (I already have it on my Macbook Pro)
- 1TB HDD 3.5” 7200RPM (Brand still pending)
- COOLER MASTER ELITE 120 Case.
My questions are:
1) Will this run Ableton and Logic Pro X in a stable way? Supporting Midi from USB, and audio input and output from the built-in Audio ports.
2) Do I need a Graphic Card if I’m going to use a Monitor or TV via HDMI? (I’m sorry for this noob-ish question, I just want to make sure).
3) Does anyone have any experience with this kind of build and DAWs?
4) I'm thinking on getting a Water cooling system, the Cooler Master Seidon 120XL (Water) looks great. Will it work?
Any kind of advice, feedback or comments would be really helpful. This would be my first CustoMac and I’m kind of nervous if what I’m getting is going to work.
Thanks in advance.