Graphics
Integrated Intel 82945G
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am planning to triple boot Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Windows and Linux. I already have Linux and Win 7 dual booting flawlessly using GRUB 2. Heres what I plan to do:

1. Install Mac OS in a new partition.
2. After it successfully boots up, create an Ubuntu Live CD and boot into Ubuntu.
3. Open Terminal and type:
Code:
sudo mount /dev/sdb2 /mnt
sudo grub-install /dev/sdb --root-directory=/mnt
sudo reboot
4. After reboot it will most likely not show Mac Os in GRUB menu. I boot into Ubuntu.
5. I open terminal and type:
Code:
sudo update-grub
reboot
This step will most likely add Mac OS X to the GRUB list.

I have used this method before to triple-boot Win 7, Ubuntu and OpenBSD.

Will it work in case of Mac OS X Snow Leopard?

Thank you.

According to Mega32 all you need to use is

Code:
menuentry "Chainload Mac OS X Snow Leopard" {
set root=(hd3)
chainloader +1
}

If the root of your OS X drive where the boot file resides is hd3 - change this to match your setup.

I don't think you have much chance getting SL to work with that Pentium 4 and integrated gfx, though you never can tell - might work, might not.

Okay, thanks for the reply. One question, where do I type this command? In Ubuntu terminal or OS X terminal, or somewhere else.

Also, I read a post which reported that my Motherboard was working fine with Snow Leopard. Any other version which may work with my rig?

Thank You

Okay, thanks for the reply. One question, where do I type this command? In Ubuntu terminal or OS X terminal, or somewhere else.

Also, I read a post which reported that my Motherboard was working fine with Snow Leopard. Any other version which may work with my rig?

Thank You

Ubuntu terminal to edit your Grub boot loader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back