CPU
i7-870
Graphics
GTX 960
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This may seem like an obvious question, but I can't seem to find an answer. I have an SSD divided into two equal partitions. (One has Lion, other Mountain Lion). When enabling Trim (using Trim Enabler) I'm guessing that I need to enable it twice... once from each partition... but I'm not sure... Can any conflict come of this?

Rob

Yes Use the correct patch with the correct MultiBeast version, Lion Edition or ML Edition, for each installation / partition. Or find the perl patch code snippet posted elsewhere

Yes Use the correct patch with the correct MultiBeast version, Lion Edition or ML Edition, for each installation / partition. Or find the perl patch code snippet posted elsewhere

John,

thanks for you response. I downloaded the respective MultiBeast installers (I had actually used the ProBook installer). Anyway, when I used MultiBeast for Mountain Lion (booted up off the Mountain Lion Drive) for some reason, it kept installing it to the Lion drive. So I dismounted the Lion Drive, and then it did nothing. A search for Trim Enabler brought up nothing. Restarted... tried again... same scenario.

So, at this point, I'm not sure what got installed to what. How do I know for certain that I have the right version running for the right system? As, a noob, I don't quite follow the 'perl patch code' advice... how is that done? Can you point me in a direction (a link)?

Thanks,
Rob

Hi, I have been trying for the longest time to get TRIM working on my hackintosh (10.8), but so far have been unable to do so. I have read many of the post here, and checked elsewhere on the internet, but nothing has been able to solve my problem. I have tried enabling TRIM through multibeast, through the application TRIM Enabler, and through Terminal, but nothing has worked. I have two ssd drives (Crucial C300 and OCZ Vertex 4) that I have tried with these methods, but have been unsuccesful with either one :banghead:. Does anybody know what I may be doing wrong, or if my ssds simply do not support TRIM. Thanks so much for any help :thumbup:!

https://gist.github.com/3768688

Find out if you need TRIM at all, I read some SandForce based ones have good enough garbage collection. if you can use TRIM then go ahead, but caution with old TRIMEnabler versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back