Contribute
Register

Question to AMD RX560 users on 300 series motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried RadeonDeInit and -rad4200, neither seem to make a difference.
Not sure what you mean by 'below conditions are disabled'?

Where do I find these settings?
Do Acre FB injected?
Do IQSV enabled?
Do AMD HEVC enabled?

1, Have you inject Acre FrameBuffer name in config.plist or inject Acre FB name and connectors patches by ssdt_amd.aml.
2, Have you enable IGPU for Intel Quick Sync Video by using ig-platform-id 0x59120003.
2, Have you enable AMD HEVC support by dummy X4250.kext.

No I have not tried any of these things, I wouldn't know how to implement any of them.

For me it's so strange, I'll be away from the computer all day and it will be up, I'll come back, use it for awhile, maybe play a video in facebook and BAM it freezes, it's so weird.

I had a similar issue with a 6700k and an RX560.

Are you overclocking? (Turn off OC).

Is XMP enabled? (Disable it).

Also you need to realize that your CPU has an iGPU and you need to use 18,3 SMBIOS if you're not already.

You need to enable iGPU in BIOS (something like Multi-Monitor enable) and then set the GPU to "Auto".

Throw in nVidiaGraphicFixup.kext into your efi/other folder along with whatevergreen and lilu before you do any of the above.

You need to get the SMBIOS as close as possible to a real iMac (GPU wise), and the 18,3 has a RX 5xx GPU.

My main workstation is now a Skylake-X (see specs in signature) and I have not had a single lockup like that. So your issue that I had before is definitely iGPU related. You NEED to enable iGPU on consumer CPUs to get 100% stability even if you're not "using" it. For example, FCPX will use the iGPU's Intel QuickSync tech.

After you do all of these, go to System Information and under Graphics/Displays you should see both the RX560 and the iGPU displayed in there. That should lessen or definitely get rid of those freezes. I noticed that a lot of these freezes I had were related to Chrome.

This recent Skylake-X built is the best Hackintosh I've had so far. Feels like a real Mac with no issues.

I am not overclocking, I believe XMP is disabled but I will check on next reboot. I am using 18,3 SMBIOS. I have not enabled iGPU but I can do that. I already have whatevergreen\lilu and nvidiafixupkext in efi\clover\kexts\other. Thanks.

I am not overclocking, I believe XMP is disabled but I will check on next reboot. I am using 18,3 SMBIOS. I have not enabled iGPU but I can do that. I already have whatevergreen\lilu and nvidiafixupkext in efi\clover\kexts\other. Thanks.

Yes enable iGPU and it will become more stable and you will have less problems. I battled with this on a Z170 system and finally figured it out that it's stable when you use iGPU + RX 5xx or whatever.

For example, iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS does not have an iGPU so the way it works is a little different. And the installation is different as well.

So I highly recommend you enable iGPU, enable Multi-Monitor (if your bios has it) and set your iGPU RAM or whatever its called to 256MB if possible. Set your GPU to "Auto"....if "Auto" doesn't help try setting it to "PEG" and do your tests again. One of these should solve the issue.

Also always make sure iGPU + dGPU show up in Graphics/Displays under System Info.

The point is to trick macOS into thinking you have iGPU like in most recent mainstream Macs (except 2013 Mac Pro and iMac Pro).

Apple is a very pragmatic company, they've moved everything to iGPU+dGPU nowadays and the whole interface is based on Metal rather than OpenGL. I suspect this is all related to the crashes. macOS (or OS X as it used to be called) was much different from Mavericks and so on. iGPU is an integral part of the Mac lineup so we must be as close as possible to having an iGPU unless you build a HEDT setup and follow an iMac Pro specific guide.

I would actually recommend, if you have a 2nd monitor, to connect that one to the iGPU DisplayPort/HDMI header and (don't quote me on this) but that should make it much more stable. We need to keep "iGPU" "active".

So by simply enabling the iGPU in the BIOS, I should be able to use it to drive a monitor without doing anything in OSX?

I enabled the iGPU but I couldn't boot into OSX, so I went back in and set it to AUTO, then I booted fine, however if I connect a monitor to the port the monitor is not active, which is fine, my GPU can drive three monitors which I use.

So by simply enabling the iGPU in the BIOS, I should be able to use it to drive a monitor without doing anything in OSX?

The point of igpu is to be as close as to a Mac as possible. This will decrease issues like freezes.

You can use igpu but you need to add some flags to config file.

You don’t have to use it.

I enabled the iGPU but I couldn't boot into OSX, so I went back in and set it to AUTO, then I booted fine, however if I connect a monitor to the port the monitor is not active, which is fine, my GPU can drive three monitors which I use.

As long as igpu shows in graphics/displays along with your dgpu you’re good.

And if it doesn’t show?

I don't think it's showing, what can I do?

If I set iGPU to Enabled in my BIOS, my system wouldn't boot, so I had to set it to AUTO where it showed the RAM for the iGPU as 256MB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back