i5-8600
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This can apply to 570 user too I guess.

What combination of lilu\whatevergreen kext and or RadeonDeInit setting are you using?

Are you using any other kexts or settings in config.plist?

Are you experiencing any system freezes?

AMD is always going to be more stable under macOS especially the latest versions.

Use Lilu & WhateverGreen and drop in nVidiaGraphicFixup (yeah I know I know, it says nVidia) if you are in need of using the 2nd display output. If not, leave it out.

RadeonDeInit is not necessary when you do the above.

Starting from 10.13.4 (a week or two away) will not require any kexts for the RX 5xx series.

I can't wait for 10.13.4 to come out, I just hope it fixes my random freezing issues. Thanks for your reply.

AMD is always going to be more stable under macOS especially the latest versions.

Use Lilu & WhateverGreen and drop in nVidiaGraphicFixup (yeah I know I know, it says nVidia) if you are in need of using the 2nd display output. If not, leave it out.

RadeonDeInit is not necessary when you do the above.

Starting from 10.13.4 (a week or two away) will not require any kexts for the RX 5xx series.
Except for a dummy kext that @shuhung created to enable HEVC codec decode/encode (maybe)

Except for a dummy kext that @shuhung created to enable HEVC codec decode/encode (maybe)

True. I hope Apple adds this feature to a later macOS update because some products like the iMac Pro (or even 2013 Mac Pro) do not have an iGPU at all.

For me it's so strange, I'll be away from the computer all day and it will be up, I'll come back, use it for awhile, maybe play a video in facebook and BAM it freezes, it's so weird.

Apple change AMD9500Controller settings frequently in 10.13.4 beta, issue may related to 9500 controller.
From 10.13.3 up to latest 17D102 should not have random freeze issue.

Previously, I do have random freeze issue in 2 beta versions, one in 10.13.3 beta 3 another in 10.13.4 beta 1.

In 10.13.3 beta 3, use WhateverGreen boot arg -rad4200, fix this issue, beta 4 up do not need -rad4200, all work perfectly.

In 10.13.4 beta 1, edited 9500 controller properties and create a dummy kext, fix random freeze issue, after beta 4, remove dummy kext no random freeze.

Well hopefully 10.13.4 will fix my freezing problems.

Have you try only use RadeonDelin and below conditions are disabled?
Have you try WhateverGreen boot arg -rad4200 and below conditions are disabled?

Do Acre FB injected?
Do IQSV enabled?
Do AMD HEVC enabled?

10.13.3 is very stable, should not have random freeze issue, my suggestion is use only RX560 for system stability test.

I have tried RadeonDeInit and -rad4200, neither seem to make a difference.
Not sure what you mean by 'below conditions are disabled'?

Where do I find these settings?
Do Acre FB injected?
Do IQSV enabled?
Do AMD HEVC enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back