Onboard Intel 4000 HD with Dual Monitors
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all
I've decided I want to update my *intosh system, based on an existing Gigabyte z77n-wifi motherboard and an i7 from about 5 years ago, with a clean and fresh install on a new SSD drive. I am using the Intel 4000 internal graphics, rather than a graphics card.

Currently running on the 'old' system (Mac 10.11 El Capitan), I want to get all my files and configs together before I begin the work in about a week or so from now.

I have generated a Unibeast USB thumb drive, with Sierra 10.12.4 I believe. Chose Clover and uEFI booting (not legacy).

But where I start to get foggy with my understanding is around the dsdt and the ssdt, also clover settings.
Also, I'd like to know if doing a fresh install of macOS Sierra will allow me to play on the attached monitor a protected movie (Rogue One) file from iTunes. I currently get HDCP errors when trying to play locally on the Mac, but I can stream to the Apple TV ver. 3.

On the 'old' system, I have a working Messenger, and I can copy those details out and replicate them in the new system I will install. However, one problem I frequently get is an unstable system around 'video'. So, if I were to have an open web window to a cable news network, and watch their streaming video, sometimes, the system will just immediately power-off, as if someone just pulled out the power. Sometimes, if the system were to be running a handbrake job, the same will happen. I'm hoping a freshly-installed system will make this problem just disappear and I will have a rock-stable system.

However, from years past, I remember there are are Git repositories with 'fixes' for patching a DSDT for certain motherboards / firmware. Does this process still have to happen with using Clover as the boot loader?

My plan was to load up a LiveUSB in linux and then dumping the dsdt.aml out to a file, and then (figuring out) how to do that work for the post-install. But I want to ensure that is still needed for current systems and clover bootloaders.

One problem I frequently see is there is a lot of information out there, but in 'shards' spanning many different posts / guides / etc.

Appreciate any advice / direction to make the work smoother!

-dave

Hello all
I've decided I want to update my *intosh system, based on an existing Gigabyte z77n-wifi motherboard and an i7 from about 5 years ago, with a clean and fresh install on a new SSD drive. I am using the Intel 4000 internal graphics, rather than a graphics card.

Currently running on the 'old' system (Mac 10.11 El Capitan), I want to get all my files and configs together before I begin the work in about a week or so from now.

I have generated a Unibeast USB thumb drive, with Sierra 10.12.4 I believe. Chose Clover and uEFI booting (not legacy).

But where I start to get foggy with my understanding is around the dsdt and the ssdt, also clover settings.
Also, I'd like to know if doing a fresh install of macOS Sierra will allow me to play on the attached monitor a protected movie (Rogue One) file from iTunes. I currently get HDCP errors when trying to play locally on the Mac, but I can stream to the Apple TV ver. 3.

On the 'old' system, I have a working Messenger, and I can copy those details out and replicate them in the new system I will install. However, one problem I frequently get is an unstable system around 'video'. So, if I were to have an open web window to a cable news network, and watch their streaming video, sometimes, the system will just immediately power-off, as if someone just pulled out the power. Sometimes, if the system were to be running a handbrake job, the same will happen. I'm hoping a freshly-installed system will make this problem just disappear and I will have a rock-stable system.

However, from years past, I remember there are are Git repositories with 'fixes' for patching a DSDT for certain motherboards / firmware. Does this process still have to happen with using Clover as the boot loader?

My plan was to load up a LiveUSB in linux and then dumping the dsdt.aml out to a file, and then (figuring out) how to do that work for the post-install. But I want to ensure that is still needed for current systems and clover bootloaders.

One problem I frequently see is there is a lot of information out there, but in 'shards' spanning many different posts / guides / etc.

Appreciate any advice / direction to make the work smoother!

-dave
You can also extract ACPI files with Clover. Just press F4 in Clover, the ACPI files are then in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.
Here is a guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
The guide is for notebooks, but it also describes the disassemble process from the ACPI files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back