Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Swift 3 SF314-51
CPU
Intel i5-7200U
Graphics
Inter HD620
Currently i'm running into a lot of kernel panics and issues (maybe) due to my Intel 600p NVMe ssd . I heard intel's NVMe ssd is causing a lot of problem for hackintosh build. So now I'm now planning to change my m.2 SSD , so I searched up on the internet for help , I get mixed review about SATA and PCI-e m.2 SSD for hackintosh laptop build.

My question is:

1. (Assuming that I don't care about read/write speeds) I got mixed review about NVMe running into issues on hackintosh, to be safe , is it a good choice to switch to M.2 mSATA SSD?

2. What is the reliability on M.2 mSATA ssd on hackintosh? Will it cause any kernel panic or other problems(like my Intel SSD that is causing a lot of issues) ?

3. What are your recommendations for buying a new ssd??

is it a good choice to switch to M.2 mSATA SSD?

No such thing as M.2 mSATA. mSATA is one form factor, M.2 another.

I assume you mean M.2 SATA.
M.2 SATA has better compatibility and better power management than NVMe. So, if you don't need the speed of NMVe, M.2 SATA is a good choice.

No such thing as M.2 mSATA. mSATA is one form factor, M.2 another.

I assume you mean M.2 SATA.
M.2 SATA has better compatibility and better power management than NVMe. So, if you don't need the speed of NMVe, M.2 SATA is a good choice.

Yeah , thanks for the correction , I mean M.2 SATA . Do you have any recccomendation which M.2 SATA are good for hackintosh systems? except samsung evo , which is much more expensive compare to others.

Yeah , thanks for the correction , I mean M.2 SATA . Do you have any recccomendation which M.2 SATA are good for hackintosh systems? except samsung evo , which is much more expensive compare to others.

Unfortunately for you, the last M.2 SATA I purchased was a Samsung EVO.
I cannot recommend anything I have not actually purchased.
Perhaps you should refer to the Buyer's Guide.

Unfortunately for you, the last M.2 SATA I purchased was a Samsung EVO.
I cannot recommend anything I have not actually purchased.
Perhaps you should refer to the Buyer's Guide.
SSD OR NVME brand is important in hakintosh?

witout samsung any perfect brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back