Contribute
Register

Question: Hackintosh vs Windows: software performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been searching the internet for an answer but can't seem to find anything too definitive on the topic. Hoping someone here have experience on the matter and can enlighten me.

What are the performance differences if any when running current adobe suite software such as photoshop/illustrator cc 2017 on mac os vs windows 10 given same hardware. Trying to build a new desktop as graphics workstation and can't decide if going hackintosh makes a difference. negate the OS environment or stability issues, are there any performance differences?

MacOS will run better than the windows version. OpenCL is more powerful on a Mac if you are using a AMD card.

I agree, Ive been running adobe software for many years on Hackintosh with windows/Linux triple boot and Mac os is by far the smoothest and quickest.Although I have now left the Adobe camp and use On1, Luminar as my two main editors, I also use Affinity photo and then Fast raw viewer and Photomechanic as viewers.(
brackets is a short video I made to show real time speed of my i9 system running On1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back