1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everybody.
i have a question about the way of working. I want to build up a CustoMac like this:

Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H
Intel i7 4790 + Arctic Freezer 13CO (or 4770, as I mainly use it with Lightroom)
Kingston KHX16C10P1K2/16 2x8GB set
2.5" HDD Toshiba
Barracuda ST1000DM003
Corsair CP-9020060-EU CX600M
Syba SD-PEX30009

My idea is (step1) to install windows 7 or xp x64, to test the overall functioning and, after a period of time, to add a Samsung 840Evo 250GB SSD and install 10.9 (step2).
Then, with fresher economical resources, i want to add a Gigabyte GT740 2GB, wireless adapter and fan controller (step3).

Question1: shall I have to reinstall 10.9 as i put the new graphic board?
Question2: is it better to install all at once?
Question3: is a PCI wireless controller too slower than a 450mbps PCI-E version with common use?

Thanks.
bye

I had windows installed for a few weeks before I installed OSX. It doesn't matter when they are installed or what order. Make sure you read the Dual Boot Guide on the forums before you install Windows though. Need to make sure it's a Legacy install and not UEFI or you will have problems dual booting in Chimera...I learnt the hard way!

Also best to unplug all other drives during an install and just have the one drive connected.

Thanks. Wouldn't be correct to install everything as it were a simple Windows machine, then to test the machine for some days and then to modify BIOS, disconnect the HDD and to start the Hackintosh installation process?

Thanks. Wouldn't be correct to install everything as it were a simple Windows machine, then to test the machine for some days and then to modify BIOS, disconnect the HDD and to start the Hackintosh installation process?

You could do that, yes. If you do, make sure the BIOS settings specific to OS X are set prior to installing Windows, especially the SATA mode to AHCI. Enabling AHCI in Windows after installation is possible, but is a PITA. Best to set it before install, then the Windows installer installs the drivers by default.

Thanks for your specification. I will go this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back