CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys... I was just curious what you thought I should do. I'm running Snow Leopard which took me hours & hours to work properly with my Hackintosh (runs GREAT) but I would be lying if I said I didn't want to upgrade to Lion. Question is... is there a way I can back up my snow leopard installation on another HD for free? That's the only way I would consider upgrading because I want to make sure my current installation is safe just in case something goes wrong. I'm hoping there is some sort of freeware out there but I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to things like this so I thought I would ask the experts :) would appreciate any & all advice!

Thanks!
-Jared

I'm pretty sure Carbon Copy Clone is what you're after

Carbon Copy Clone is the way to go. I just upgraded my old Mac Mini to Lion but before doing this I installed CCC and made a copy of my Leopard install on a USB drive. When I ran into a problem with my upgrade, I booted into the cloned USB drive and did what I needed to and then I was able to boot into my Lion upgrade afterwards. Booting into the cloned USB drive was just like booting into my Mac Mini before I started the upgrade so cloning was a bit of a life saver.
CCC is at http://www.bombich.com/index.html and based on donations, after what it did for me I'm surely going to throw a few $$$ their way.

Darryl

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back