Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Shuttle Xpc
CPU
Intel i7
Graphics
geforce gtx 660
Hello,

i buildt my Hackintosh using a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Motherboard.
It ran fine so far with three 4gb Ram bars (ADATA DDR3).
I put these in the three white sockets on the MB.

Now i want to upgrade to 24gb because i got three more 4gb Ram bars (GEIL).
I put these in the remaining three blue sockets on the MB.

Unfortunately the computer did not boot with the new Ram installed.
It gets stuck at "Evaluating Dram".

Did i install the Ram improperly, or are these two different kinds of ram bars incompatible?

They're probably incompatible. It is always best to get a single kit of RAM.

Did you 'over clock' the RAM? If so, the first thing that you will need to do is to reset your BIOS to DEFAULT settings. Upon re-boot it should now set the RAM timings to the SLOWEST settings. Download and burn a MemTest86 CD or USB stick. Run the diagnostic for at least two passes.

Make absolutely sure that you take static precautions. Always pull the AC cord when adding or removing anything inside the PC. Never touch chips, etches or gold fingers on RAM, video cards, CPUs, disk drives, IO cards, et. al. Always ground yourself to the case to discharge any static when working inside your PC. Only re-connect the AC cord after the work is finished.

Pull the AC cord, remove the old three sticks, insert the new three sticks, run MemTest86 for at least two passes. If it passes, do the same on the old RAM sticks. If it passes run the diag on the other RAM slots (blue). If all slots and all sticks run the diag individually, but all the RAM sticks together don't run - then it's incompatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back