Intel i5-3450 3.1 GHz
Graphics
GeForce GT 640 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys. On my Hackintosh, I have to enter in GraphicsEnabler=No at startup, otherwise it just stays on a grey screen after the initial load screen. It's not a big deal, but it's kind of annoying to have to type it in every time. Is there a way to make Chimera recognize that command every time? Or better yet, any way to fix that problem altogether?

Thanks!

thanks for pointing that out to me. I didn't know that was in there.

However, when i tried to install it, I get an installation failed message. I am using 5.2.1. Any ideas?

No /Extra? how can you even boot then?

All your boot settings, themes and smbios etc are in that folder, multibeast will definitely fail with no boot.plist to write that option to.

Correction: I moved the Extra folder to another hard drive that I use for Windows. So I do have the Extra folder.

In any case, is there something in there that can help me?

That still will not work, chimera/chameleon requires the /Extra folder on the OSX drive so it con load the smbios.plis and org.chameleon.Boot.plist files with your settings. Without it those multibeast options will fail and the boot will fail.

[SOLVED] Question about GraphicsEnabler=No

I figured it out. The extra folder is on my Windows drive, and I was telling Multibeast to install to my Mac drive. I tried the GraphicsEnabler=No option on Multibeast, and now I don't have to enter it when I start up. Thanks MacMan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back