Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Hello! Could anyone tell me a good graphic card for the Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 motherboard? Not to expensive but not a bad one (150€ Max). The Desktop is been used for music purposes! The OS is El Capitan but i will update to Mojave later..
Thank you in advance :)

Hello! Could anyone tell me a good graphic card for the Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 motherboard? Not to expensive but not a bad one (150€ Max). The Desktop is been used for music purposes! The OS is El Capitan but i will update to Mojave later..
Thank you in advance :)

Do you want a graphics card that will work with both El Capitan and Mojave? Or just Mojave?

The current AMD RX cards (RX 560 / RX 570 / RX 580) are natively supported under Mojave, but do not work with El Capitan.

Yes both please..

I actually run my computer to El Capitan without external graphic card.. Is it possible to use again my motherboard's on-board graphics to run Mojave or not ? It is dangerous for my computer ? I have two screen ..
Many thanks

Yes both please..

I actually run my computer to El Capitan without external graphic card. Is it possible to use again my motherboard's on-board graphics to run Mojave or not ? It is dangerous for my computer ? I have two screen ..
Many thanks

It should be possible to run Mojave using the HD530 CPU graphics. But your motherboard only has HDMI / DVI / VGA ports and from what I heard Mojave may have problems using DVI, and support for VGA has been dropped for a long time. So using HD530 with 2 monitors may be a problem with your motherboard.

As far as I know there are no NEW graphics cards that support both El Capitan and Mojave. There are old graphics cards like the GTX 760 and HD 7870 that should support both, but these are no longer available new.

Last edited:
Thank you very much I will keep for the moment my motherboard's on-board graphics , thanks you for your advice !

Thank you very much I will keep for the moment my motherboard's on-board graphics , thanks you for your advice !
Same situation as the original poster (GA-Z170X-Gaming 3, looking for inexpensive GPU) except I only need it to work in High Sierra and maybe eventually Mojave.

Graphics card recommendations? Thanks. :cool:

Same situation as the original poster (GA-Z170X-Gaming 3, looking for inexpensive GPU) except I only need it to work in High Sierra and maybe eventually Mojave.

Graphics card recommendations? Thanks. :cool:

The least expensive is Nvidia gt710,
Best value is AMD RX 570/580 same or slightly higher cost than a RX 560 but almost twice the performance. 500watt power supply recommended but I’ve used an RX 480 on a 410 watt PSU with no problems.

The least expensive is Nvidia gt710,
Best value is AMD RX 570/580 same or slightly higher cost than a RX 560 but almost twice the performance. 500watt power supply recommended but I’ve used an RX 480 on a 410 watt PSU with no problems.
Thanks again! :)

Hello !! Still with my "on-board graphics card", I noticed a big bug when installing the new version of Firefox.

It is a computer that is not used to going on the net but only for musical purposes. But there I have to work remotely so I have to go online reliably.
Can you please advise me a graphic card for my computer running on El capitan ? 150 € max
:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back