Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-Clover
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi there! I've recently upgraded my system to Catalina and I have arrived to a very stable result. In my past systems I never fiddled with SSDTs myself, although I think I did choose the Sandy Bridge i7 SSDT in Multibeast for my High Sierra install.
This time, I came across the concept in the forums, and decided to give it a try just to get everything covered.
I set out to follow this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/
My SMBIOS is iMac 14,2, which I understand is the recommended one for my specs. However, Piker Alpha's ssdtPRGen script returns the following meesage as soon as I fire it up:

Code:
gDataPath: /Users/leo/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data
System information: Mac OS X 10.15.2 (19C57)
Brandstring 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz'

Scope (_PR_) {220 bytes} with ACPI Processor declarations found in the DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)
Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'iMac14,2' with board-id [Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61]
Sandy Bridge Core i7-2600K processor [0x206A7] setup [0x0703]
With a maximum TDP of 95 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 8 (Core Frequency: 3400 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 4 (3500-3800 MHz)
Number of P-States: 23 (1600-3800 MHz)
Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6,C7)
Warning: 'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0703 instead of 0x0603)

Error: board-id [Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61] not supported by Sandy Bridge – check SMBIOS data / use the -c option

How should I continue? I see the guide was written in 2015, so I guess the recommended SMBIOS back then was compatible with the latest OSX at the time. I am sorry if I am asking something silly, I tried googling but couldn't find specific information for this outdated combination of Sandy Bridge + Catalina.

Thank you very much for your help,

Did you found a solution? I am dealing with the same issue now in Catalina :/

Hi there! Sadly, nope. I just set a reminder that I should take care of this and then I never did. The system has been quite stable since then, not completely though. I get full on system freezes every now and then. I don't even remeber if this was related, but most of the times USB3 devices don't work unless I plug something in both ports. Other than that, everything is smooth. If anybody can point some help at us, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi skiarte! My temporal and quite unorthodox fix for USB 3.0 is plugging devices in both ports, and then they work. So, if I need to connect a USB 3.0 hard drive, I plug it first and nothing happens, then I plug a regular USB 2 pendrive in the other (USB 3.0) port, and both devices show up properly in Finder.

Hi skiarte! My temporal and quite unorthodox fix for USB 3.0 is plugging devices in both ports, and then they work. So, if I need to connect a USB 3.0 hard drive, I plug it first and nothing happens, then I plug a regular USB 2 pendrive in the other (USB 3.0) port, and both devices show up properly in Finder.

I did the test as I said and it didn't work for me :(
It doesn't even appear (USB 3.0) in the usb information!
Is there any kext, or script missing?

By the way, I leave here the performance of my Hack!

How are yours performance?

Attachments

• foto.jpeg
    foto.jpeg
    419.5 KB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back