CPU
i7-9900K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have below motherboard z370n wifi and need to dual boat AMD to boot on macOS Mojave and Nvidia to boot on windows 10
71QRtZcYLcL._SL1500_.jpg

the question I need to use both Nvidia 1080 and RX 580 and need to know if any of below option I can use:
1- use external Gpu enclosure for RX580 and connect it with my motherboard through USB3.1 connection and my Nvidia connected directly to motherboard through PCIE connection.
2- other option to change the motherboard and bring ATX motherboard with dual PCIE and connect dual cards Nvidia for windows and AMD for macOS.

@tsamy, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

I was thinking to buy this egpu to use it to boot to macOS with one hdmi and my gtx1080 connected to mother board to boot into windows with another HDMI both HDMI will be connected to my 65inch Samsung TV
https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-RX580IXEB-8GD#kf

Your motherboard does not have Thunderbolt 3, so you cannot use this product with it. The USB-C port on the back of your motherboard does NOT support Thunderbolt 3.

Thank you for your reply
So if my motherboard have thunderbolt this will work
And what about other option to have motherboard with 2 pcie slot so i can add 2 gpus amd and nvidia one for macos and other for windows10

Do you really really need to run Mojave? You'd be better off running High Sierra 10.13.6 and keeping your GTX 1080 as a single GPU. That's what I'm currently doing with my GTX 1080Ti. I've got Mojave on my MacBook Pro, but it's not that big a deal to be running High Sierra. The software experience from High Sierra to Mojave isn't really that different in practice.

Otherwise sell your GTX 1080 and get a Vega 56/64. What do you use the GTX 1080 for? Gaming or CUDA-based work?

Has anyone done option 2, i.e. having two different GPUs physically present, but use only one of them in Mac OS?

I ask because I'm considering adding a cheap card as a daily driver while keeping a better one for use under ubuntu, or if by some miracle I manage to make Nvidia drivers work one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back