Contribute
Register

Question about DSDT File for Asus Maximus VI Hero LGA 1150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1150 BX80646I74790K Desktop Processor Intel
Graphics
EVGA 04G-P4-2978-KR GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 SLI Support FTW ACX 2.0 Vi
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

This is my first time building a Hackintosh, and I'm trying to use my existing PC build and a separate hard drive slot to install OSX Lion.

I used to have a Macbook Pro with Lion on it, and I backed everything up to a Time Machine and wiped the Macbook so my brother could use it for college. My hope is to build a Hackintosh and get access to the Time Machine again, then update to Mavericks.

I was reading the Always Up-to-Date Guide for Building a Hackintosh on LifeHacker, and I noticed that in the latest guide, there's no mention of a DSDT file during installation. However, the guide for OSX Lion, mentions a DSDT is required.

I went to the DSDT database to find one for my build, but I didn't see one for the ASUS Maximus VI. I did however notice one for the Maximus IV. Is a DSDT still required for OSX Lion installations or is this no longer a thing?

If it is, is there a way to create a DSDT for my ASUS motherboard using PC software? I notice the MaciASL it links to on the DSDT database page is for OSX only.

I went to the DSDT database to find one for my build, but I didn't see one for the ASUS Maximus VI. I did however notice one for the Maximus IV. Is a DSDT still required for OSX Lion installations or is this no longer a thing?

If it is, is there a way to create a DSDT for my ASUS motherboard using PC software? I notice the MaciASL it links to on the DSDT database page is for OSX only.
DSDT was required for AMI BIOS boards. For boards with UEFI a DSDT is not required. The only problem you are likely to have with the Maximus VI is locked CPU MSR - several threads on this problem if you want to search - but use Clover as your boot loader and you don't have to worry about it as it patches AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext on the fly so no problems with NullCPU kext or AICPUPM causing KPs on boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back