CPU
Core 2 Duo E8400
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce 730 2GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just installed Catalina 10.15.7 a week ago on an LGA 755 C2D E8400 (SSE 4.1)

Everything works great, except sleep and replaced com.apple.telemetry.plugin to the old telemetry from High Sierra and SMBIOS to iMac 14,1 (sleep doesn't work for me anyway in iMac 10,1 SMBIOS)

Now, there is a pending catalina security update 2021-002 waiting to be installed and I'm just wondering if I need to replace the com.apple.telemetry.plugin (from High Sierra) again after I update and/or every updating my system?

Thanks!

System Specs:

C2D E8400 3.0ghz (SSE 4.1 instruction)

HDD 500GB (APFS)

4GB RAM 800MHZ

NVIDIA GT 730 2GB GDDR5

UPDATE: You don't need to replace telemetry plugin every update

Last edited:
I would say yes. You will need to replace the plugin after each and every update.

What Hibernation and Sleep settings are you using on your system?

Try running these commands in Terminal (commands shown below in italics) to see if they make any difference.

Terminal Command - to show the current status of your Sleep/Hibernation settings
sudo pmset -g

To Disable Hibernation
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

To Disable other hibernation options
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
You may find that using hibernate mode 3, 25 or 29 work better with your system. They are easy to try each just replace the '0' in the 'sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0' command with the figure for the alternative mode you wish to try.

I am assuming you have already enabled the ShutdownFix in your Clover config.plist.

I understand that you are using an old system but do you have your USB ports configured correctly for macOS, including how they are configured in your Bios, any USB controller rename patches (EHC1 to EH01 etc.) plus the two raise USB port limit patches required for Catalina?

Are you using a SMBIOS that uses a Power setting for the USB ports configured by Apple, i.e. pre iMac 15,1 (Haswell Refresh) or are you using a custom SSDT or info.plist to configure the USB power?

Sleep doesn't bother me, I never use it anyways. I just disable sleep in Login Screen and the Apple menu.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 3.28.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 3.28.19 AM.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back