Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
During boot, the Apple progress bar acts quite differently across my various computers and OS versions. Is there any info on what the stops mean? For instance, in High Sierra on my "Mini ITX 3" (below), the bar's progress halts for about 1/2 second at about 1/3 of the way across, then finishes smoothly. In Big Sur on my "Mini ITX 4" (at left and below), it stops for about 2 seconds at 1/4 way, stops again at about 1/3 way and screen goes black, then bar appears and starts again, stops again at about 2/3 way and screen goes black again, then progress bar appears again and continues until display comes up. All this makes me think there might be something wrong, but once display comes up, everything works fine. Is all this normal? Or should I be concerned about my OpenCore 0.6.9 setup?

I mostly get 1/3 of the bar on 1st stage, then right to the desktop. Sometimes I see the second stage, but not often.

It is just loading up and the graphical bar either keeps up with it or not. If you have more extensions/drivers/audio plugins etc... to load it will be slower and thus you will see the pauses and advancements. Also depends on the type of drive.. I have NVMe for my main OS w/no plugins or extras yet so it is quick.

Thanks for your reply, JBX. I also have NVMe storage (Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB M.2 SSD). Not sure what causes those bumps in the road, but it's no problem, just curious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back