Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I'm looking to build myself my first hackintosh. My purpose is to have a performance for video editing, motion graphics and color grading and the softwares I'll be using are FCPX, FCP7, After Effects, Smoke and Audition.

Now I've done a lot of reading on this forum and considered options of X99 and Z97 ATX builds which surprisingly went slightly over my budget and that got me thinking of building a mini ITX build.

Parts,
Core i7 4790K
Nvidia GTX 960 4GB/2GB
Gigabyte/ Asus Mini ITX Mobo
EVGA Hadron Air with 500W power supply OR Bitfenix Prodigy
250 SSD MAC OSX
120 SSD Windows
I would love to add a 2TB Storage disk but I doubt a Mini ITX Chassis would allow the space for it.
Arctic Freezer Cooling unit

My biggest worry is whether or not I'll be able to have an option of thunderbolt on a mini ITX build. Not that I use thunderbolt regularly but i'd like to be prepared in case a client gives me a lacie full of footage to edit.

Second worry is whether or not any Mini ITX build with Nvidia 960 would be able to manage performance when plugged to a 4K monitor. It's something I don't want to compromise on.

I was really impressed by how compact miniITX build can be when I saw this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1U854LusZg
Still not very sure of the performance.

It would be great if you guys can provide me some advice or just talk me through it as it really helps to have opinions.

Thanks a lot.

I do not think you will find a mITX with TB ports or header for a TB card.

How about Micro ATX. I don't wanna be building a huge system. If micro ATX has space for thunderbolt use, I can also opt for X99 Chipset.

Query - X99 or Z97?

Guys please help me out here.

I am looking for a compact new build and I would love to have an X99 system.

The only mATX Mobo that is probably available here is Gigabyte X99M Gaming 5 but i'm not sure if I'll be able to manage the installation myself.

Another option is to for Z97 with 4790K but every internet post suggests that its end of the line for Z97.

Is there really a major performance difference ? What should be my choice? Please throw in suggestions.

Thanks

GA-Z77MX-D3H TH,that's the only board i find in M-ATX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back